ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/Mac Miller?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
As we know, Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller died this summer. He referenced Pittsburgh in many of his songs and his early videos were shot here. He even wore a Chad Varga jersey on one of his amateur CD's as a HS student. I was literally going to post that Pitt Basketball should make his "Party on Fifth Ave" their new official victory song like "How do You Like Me Now" used to be. But as I checked Pitt basketball twitter, I see a few very recent subtle Mac Miller references which makes me wonder if they have a Mac Miller Tribute night or something to that effect.

The tweets from October 2 and 3 have a lyric from "Party on Fifth Ave" along with a 4 second video of a sign for Frick Park, a favorite Mac Miller hangout and setting for many of his music videos. He also has a song called "Frick Park Market." Also, there's a tweet about Blue Slide Park, which was the name of his debut professional album. Lastly, there is a tweet that says "Pennsylvania Nights" with a video of 3 empty swings. I dont get the Pennsylvania Nights thing but there is a scene from one of his videos of what is possibly those 3 swings.

I’ve been seeing those tweets and was wondering what it was. That’s a good idea and good job on your part connecting all of it.

What were the others?
It starts with this one and has a thread of videos. Has some of the ones that you mentioned.

I wondered if that one was related. I don't remember a scene like that from his videos but there were many scenes of him walking around Pittsburgh with groups of friends behind him so maybe.

Update: today they tweeted "there's a party on fifth ave tonight" with the intro music. I just wished I would have been a week earlier becaise because I was honestly going to say Pitt should do something to honor Mac Miller and then I coulda taken credit for it. I just hope they really are doing something and they haven't just been building to tonight's party on Fifth Ave. "Party on Fifth Ave" has to be the new Pitt victory song.

Maybe the throwbacks this year will be the Varga era ones with the claw marks down the side since he donned it on a CD cover? Those are one of my favorites.

Or maybe he's not really dead and he shows up and wins the dunk contest.

Edit: another update. I never heard his song called "PA Nights." That would explain the tweet which read "Pennsylvania Nights."

Reactions: HailToPitt725
43a85b15873b56e2f5f30a3dbfcbbc8b.500x502x1.jpg

And here it is. Pitt Basketball Party on Fifth Ave video. Very well done. I am never going to forgive myself for not posting this idea last week. Have they hacked my brain?

-Whoever we hired on the marketing and video team at Pitt, give them a dam raise. Every one of these videos is well done and is drawing a ton of hype and excitement. This video is pushing 45,000 views already and is spreading like wildfire and everyone is watching us.

-And please, keep these retro uniform colors. A thing of beauty. Everyone is excited about Pitt basketball again

And here it is. Pitt Basketball Party on Fifth Ave video. Very well done. I am never going to forgive myself for not posting this idea last week. Have they hacked my brain?

-Whoever we hired on the marketing and video team at Pitt, give them a dam raise. Every one of these videos is well done and is drawing a ton of hype and excitement. This video is pushing 45,000 views already and is spreading like wildfire and everyone is watching us.

-And please, keep these retro uniform colors. A thing of beauty. Everyone is excited about Pitt basketball again

SON OF A B!!!!!!!!!!

But yes I agree, the basketball videos on Twitter are ridiculous. I keep having to remind myself the team isnt good because they are getting me hyped up.

61K views in 2 hours. This may actually be going "viral." Wow!

Last edited:

Off topic, but did no one tell the team that it’s Retro Weekend! Should’ve broke out the throwbacks!

Can anyone imagine a video with that kind of energy happening if Sleepy were still coaching?

It's beyond unimaginable that anyone on here was suggesting he deserved another year. Stockholm syndrome...
You had to bring up Sleepy, didn't you. :eek:

Reactions: Ski11585

I'm a grown man and I get goose bumps !

Reactions: HOF Coach
Can anyone imagine a video with that kind of energy happening if Sleepy were still coaching?

It's beyond unimaginable that anyone on here was suggesting he deserved another year. Stockholm syndrome...

Sleepy has been forgotten.. he's no Robert Foster...

Reactions: Ski11585

SMF, the Stugotz is strong in you. You make 100 wild-ass suggestions/ideas and when one of them actually happens you jump in to take credit. You are a beauty my friend. Please don’t ever change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT