ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt men lose @#2 Akron

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Made the trip to the Pitt game at Akron tonight. Without looking at the official stats, I’ll just throw out my thoughts from watching in person.

•Pitt lost 1-0.

•Pitt outplayed they #2 team in the country. Maybe not by a wide margin, but it was one of those games that you could say the losing team deserved a better result. Man how far this program has come in such a short amount of time.

•could you imagine a Pitt men’s team belonging on the same field as the #2 team in the country 5 years ago?

•Our forward (dexter #13) was a handful for the Akron backs all night.

•pitt had more pace it seemed, and was more composed on the ball with better speed of play than Akron.

•we sat in the end zone where Pitt was shooting in both halves so my perspective may be a bit off. But Pitt probably outshot Akron 15-8 and had 3-4 high quality scoring chances, while Akron didn’t seem to have many outside of their one goal. I’m not even sure how Akron scored. Pitt was controlling the game early and I looked down at my phone for one second and missed the goal (I was following the PSU football game that was in overtime at the time)

•Akron’s keeper was 6’6”. Man his size was a factor on Pitts services into the box.

•great atmosphere and great crowd at Akron. It’s what I envision it being up at Victory Heights in another year. Tickets for general public were $20!

•disappointing watching the clock hit zero and seeing the exhaustion of the pitt players at that moment defeat became reality. Hopefully pitt is in position for an ncaa birth at the end of the season. But It’s a shame because this is the type of game that could have been a great resume builder.

ADVERTISEMENT