ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt might have the best QB in college football.

How is that a troll attempt? I said Picket had great potential on here during his first game. It's a huge thread that lasted years. Now I'm saying Holstein has the same potential. If not more.
The thread was premature when you made it for Pickett and luckily Addison’s brilliance saved you in the end. But here, it’s a worthwhile question. Holstein is legit.

Reactions: Schaef60
Today Holstein is bailing Bell out, forget these trick plays when the defense is getting so much penetration, really poor play calling, the flea-flicker, reverse, even the TD pass, fake jet sweep brought the OLB right into Holstein's face.
Yep.
My same exact thoughts.
Bell clearly has talent, but its clear that WVU scouted, game planned and had the talent to swamp his delayed run game scheme, and they just didn't have the luxury of running complex those types of plays.
Thats the jump to P5.

Yep.
My same exact thoughts.
Bell clearly has talent, but its clear that WVU scouted, game planned and had the talent to swamp his delayed run game scheme, and they just didn't have the luxury of running complex those types of plays.
Thats the jump to P5.

On that 4th and 1 the hole was there but the RB seemed to have a brain fart.

I don’t think he’s the best qb in the country yet but he could be before the end of the year and for sure next year assuming he continues to develop. I think there’s an argument that he’s the best qb in the conference
Well Ward. But Beck from GA has nothing on Eli. Touted for Heisman. KY made him look pedestrian. And I’m a Beck fan.

Ideally we get a half from Yarnell against YSU. Rest Holstein. Rest Reid. Pitt can’t afford injuries. We got skill. But lack depth. All you need is skill so long as you stay healthy.

The odds on favorite to win the Heisman is Cam Ward. Ward is in the ACC.
To be fair, pretty much every book in the world had Ewers favored before the injury, since then his odds have slipped to the point where Arch Manning is pretty much the same price as him. Most shops I’ve seen have Ward the slightest of favorites now over the 3 SEC guys (Milroe, Iamaleava, Dart) and Dillon Gabriel. All five of them are around the 5 or 6/1 area.

I’m holding a Jalen Milroe ticket at 20/1, which I thought was really good value at the time, and especially do now.

Reactions: cashisking884
To be fair, pretty much every book in the world had Ewers favored before the injury, since then his odds have slipped to the point where Arch Manning is pretty much the same price as him. Most shops I’ve seen have Ward the slightest of favorites now over the 3 SEC guys (Milroe, Iamaleava, Dart) and Dillon Gabriel. All five of them are around the 5 or 6/1 area.

I’m holding a Jalen Milroe ticket at 20/1, which I thought was really good value at the time, and especially do now.

Yeah, Milroe is a good ticket.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I don’t think he’s the best qb in the country yet but he could be before the end of the year and for sure next year assuming he continues to develop. I think there’s an argument that he’s the best qb in the conference

Cam Ward is arguably the best player in college football right now and currently the betting favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. There are also quite a few other very good young quarterbacks in college football.

Love when fans make statements like this, which make it clear that they live in a bubble and have no concept of what the other 133 teams in the FBS have.

Cam Ward is arguably the best player in college football right now and currently the betting favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. There are also quite a few other very good young quarterbacks in college football.

Love when fans make statements like this, which make it clear that they live in a bubble and have no concept of what the other 133 teams in the FBS have.

Miami keeps having top 10 recruiting classes, plus whoever they bring in with NIL deals. And they have yet to play a decent team.

With Holstein it's "Pitt hasn't played anyone yet" but with Ward it's "OMG he's putting up Heisman numbers". Lol

Reactions: ChadrickB
Have we?

My money would be on Florida if they entered a round robin tournament against Cincinnati and West Virginia.

I think the mounties would take it to Florida. A&M scored on a 99 yard drive that included zero completed passes. Donaldson would run it down their throats all day, assuming Neil was smart enough to do that (big assumption)

I think it was the first or second drive....we settled for a FG. The play before where I think it was Williams didn't get both feet in bounds in end-zone. Great play design, great look-off by Holstein. Should have been 6 but he was just slightly off on the timing and Williams needed a little better positioning. But I thought it was a great look by Holstein and an even better play call/design by Bell

I think the mounties would take it to Florida. A&M scored on a 99 yard drive that included zero completed passes. Donaldson would run it down their throats all day, assuming Neil was smart enough to do that (big assumption)

It's possible. I think all three of those teams mostly suck. WVU will likely finish with a better record, though, because Florida's schedule might as well be the NFC North compared to the Big 12.

I think it was the first or second drive....we settled for a FG. The play before where I think it was Williams didn't get both feet in bounds in end-zone. Great play design, great look-off by Holstein. Should have been 6 but he was just slightly off on the timing and Williams needed a little better positioning. But I thought it was a great look by Holstein and an even better play call/design by Bell

Yeah, I put that 100% on Williams. It was there; he just needed to position his feet better. I'm not sure he ever needed to leave the ground to begin with.

Miami keeps having top 10 recruiting classes, plus whoever they bring in with NIL deals. And they have yet to play a decent team.

I saw a tweet from one of the analytic nerds I follow that Cam Ward’s QBR or PFF grade is one of the 4 or 5 highest in the history of such ratings/grades. And the other QBs on the list were nothing but superstars. Like CJ Stroud. And it’s not like there was a ton of competition for those teams through 3 weeks.

Dude is just on another level.

If one subscribes to buying low and selling high now might be time to sell a little on Cam Ward. When he came out of Incarnate Word I thought he was going to light up the PAC to the extent that he would be a legitimate Heisman contender as a sophomore. He definitely played well at Wazzu and put up some numbers, but when they stepped up in competition you would see him struggle somewhat.

It can be argued that the talent around him is better at Miami and the schedule weaker, but I still would like to see him string together some consistently strong performances against the better teams before I go all in.

If one subscribes to buying low and selling high now might be time to sell a little on Cam Ward. When he came out of Incarnate Word I thought he was going to light up the PAC to the extent that he would be a legitimate Heisman contender as a sophomore. He definitely played well at Wazzu and put up some numbers, but when they stepped up in competition you would see him struggle somewhat.

It can be argued that the talent around him is better at Miami and the schedule weaker, but I still would like to see him string together some consistently strong performances against the better teams before I go all in.

Who are the better teams on their schedule?

I linked this in another thread, but it’s relevant.

South Florida is not on the chart since they are G5. But their defense is slightly above average when you look at the G5 chart.

VT is slightly above average by the slimmest of margins.

Duke is a little above average.

Cal is right at average.

And then, unless I’m missing it, everybody else is below the line. Some by a significant margin.

If you have a Ward ticket, now is not the time to sell. Now is the time to start booking whatever trip you want to go on with your winnings.

I didn’t mean sell an actual physical ticket, obviously you would have quite a bit of equity right now and are in a great spot. I was speaking more perception wise, at this point the average fan is somewhat “discovering” him for the first time. They probably didn’t see much Washington St football and certainly didnt know Ward from his Incarnate Word days.

The schedule can be looked at in multiple ways I guess, I can buy the argument that Ward faced tougher teams in the PAC than he will face in the ACC this year. I’m just going on what I saw of him in the last 2 seasons where he would struggle somewhat in their bigger games, nothing horrible but not Heisman like either.

I guess my point was that the public and talking heads always go by the last thing they saw, which will get you broke in the end every time. With Ward now the Heisman favorite at most places and having a great season I’m saying right now might be the time to start looking for value going against him and the Hurricanes. Their numbers will be slanted a little and one might find some advantageous opportunities looking at the other side.

Is he allowed to transfer and play immediately? I thought he has to either be a senior or a coaching change to get immediate eligibility. Has it changed? Rules are changing so quickly I'm not sure what the current regulations are
You are right—imagine if the NFL only had one year contracts—pure chaos.

Is he allowed to transfer and play immediately? I thought he has to either be a senior or a coaching change to get immediate eligibility. Has it changed? Rules are changing so quickly I'm not sure what the current regulations are

"These and other questions will be answered in the next episode of The Guiding Light" ...
You're probably too young for that ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT