ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-Narduzzi working toward new 7-year contract

I love the trolls on twitter criticizing the move. Sometimes I wonder why I have an account.

The glaring hole in the program in recent memory is consistency at HC and this is the best decision the athletic dept has made since... who knows when?

Let’s get it done Heather. How much do we think they’ll throw at him compared to Taggert who just signed a 30m deal?

Apparently the negotiations have become very heated over the tarping clause.

This is good news. Pitt is a very good fit for Narduzzi and I honestly believe that he wants to keep the job long-term.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
I love the trolls on twitter criticizing the move. Sometimes I wonder why I have an account.

The glaring hole in the program in recent memory is consistency at HC and this is the best decision the athletic dept has made since... who knows when?

Let’s get it done Heather. How much do we think they’ll throw at him compared to Taggert who just signed a 30m deal?
This, this, this. God forbid he has one bad year only three years in. And I’m not saying he thrilled me this year, but what’s our best alternative? At least he’s beaten some good teams and shown he can beat just about any ACC team (but not UNC, for some reason. Come on with that one).

This, this, this. God forbid he has one bad year only three years in. And I’m not saying he thrilled me this year, but what’s our best alternative? At least he’s beaten some good teams and shown he can beat just about any ACC team (but not UNC, for some reason. Come on with that one).

Completely agree. For the people who think we part ways with Narduzzi, do you have a backup plan? Who of even comparable ilk will come here for what we have to offer in a pay package?

Do you want to halt any modest momentum this man has created over the last few years? To me, this thinking is incredibly miopic and knee jerk at best. Lock him up, stay the course. H2P

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Completely agree. For the people who think we part ways with Narduzzi, do you have a backup plan? Who of even comparable ilk will come here for what we have to offer in a pay package?

Do you want to halt any modest momentum this man has created over the last few years? To me, this thinking is incredibly miopic and knee jerk at best. H2P
yeah lol
Treat everybody to the spectacle of Pitt looking for a coach.
Without a clue as to who.

Do you want to halt any modest momentum this man has created over the last few years? To me, this thinking is incredibly miopic and knee jerk at best. Lock him up, stay the course. H2P
HCPN already makes money that is very much in line with his standing in the ACC. He isn't underpaid.

Reactions: ThePanthers

HCPN already makes money that is very much in line with his standing in the ACC. He isn't underpaid.

Really though? Is he not at least as good as these guys? He’s paid the same as Wake’s HC- last in the Conference.

Bronco Mendenhall - UVA -3.4 Mill
Paul Johnson - GT - 2.97 Mill
Dave Cutcliffe- Duke - 2.613Mill
Steve Addazio- BC - 2.418 Mill
Pat Narduzzi - Pitt - 1.827 Mill
Dave Clawson Wake Forest - 1.827 Mill

I’m also not saying you over pay the guy. Just show him a little more love + a long term deal.

Good point. Its only good for Pitt ifhe has a huge buy out and Pitt's buy out is sufficiently small to cover our butt if this past season turns out not to have been a blip. A raise to just under $3 million seems reasonable and raises for assistants should kick in after next season as most of them have not performed well.

Guess we’ll see in a few years.

Hope the talent level increases

What makes you think someone else would bring in better talent given the same situation? Every coach at Pitt over the last 25 years has struggled with talent acquisition. Some more than others, but it's been a consistent problem.

This is an excellent move for Pitt football.

I like the move personally. I understand he still had a lot to prove, but I have no faith Pitt would have brought someone in better, probably way worse so I like it. He has the program tending up. I want to see where he can take it.

I told you all this had to be done. I don't think he is anything but average, but Pitt had to make this move if they feel he is their man. Cause he would have been gone after this year , if he won 7 or more. Got an offer and it would have been too late, off he would go. Hope it works out best for Pitt, hopefully he is making 4 a year with a huge buyout.

I told you all this had to be done. I don't think he is anything but average, but Pitt had to make this move if they feel he is their man. Cause he would have been gone after this year , if he won 7 or more. Got an offer and it would have been too late, off he would go. Hope it works out best for Pitt, hopefully he is making 4 a year with a huge buyout.

I am just hoping for 3 million a year. If Pitt was willing to go to 4 million a year I would faint. At 4 million even if Duzz ended up not being the guy it would still be good news because that would be Pitt making an investment in football. Something I never saw much of.

I am just hoping for 3 million a year. If Pitt was willing to go to 4 million a year I would faint. At 4 million even if Duzz ended up not being the guy it would still be good news because that would be Pitt making an investment in football. Something I never saw much of.
Perhaps 2.75mil a year with incentatives to exceed 3 mil. Also need a sufficient raise package for Asst's. I for one do not blame the failures of this past season on the staff, I believe youth and inexperience caused the downfall but as the season progressed I was encouraged by the play and improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: Mikefln
Love it - just had a discussion tonight with a fellow Pitt fan who stated that they should have done this after either the PSU game or the Clemson game last year...

To which I responded - Hey it's not too late to do it.

I especially liked how he stated 'We' when referring to the 2007 win against WVU in the television interview at halftime during the Miami game...

I get the sense that he is committed - and hope he is here for a long time - we need consistency!

Great move.

Too bad Heather was not hired before AD Barnes, then Jamie would still be a Panther and Pitt would be going to the NCAA Tournaments.

The next issue Heather is the "Right Sizing" of Heinz Field for Pitt football games.

Hope you enjoyed watching the Pac-12 Championship Game featuring Stanford-USC played in a "Right Sized" Stadium.

AD Barnes, so much damage in so little time.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Love it - just had a discussion tonight with a fellow Pitt fan who stated that they should have done this after either the PSU game or the Clemson game last year...

To which I responded - Hey it's not too late to do it.

I especially liked how he stated 'We' when referring to the 2007 win against WVU in the television interview at halftime during the Miami game...

I get the sense that he is committed - and hope he is here for a long time - we need consistency!

I was in the locker room after the Miami game... certainly is "We"

Pat is our Coach, H2P !

Reactions: paulbl99
I wonder if vuk will issue a follow up exclusive on how narduzzi and Lyke aren't seeing eye to eye on what color tie he should wear at his extension press conference

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT