ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-NC Volleyball

I don't think I've ever seen Browske play this well - she's working at a high level tonight.

Lek with some absolute lasers tonight, as well.

Now up 22-17. Pitts passing much better. Able to stay within system with 3 and 4 options available. Lek just had a kill out of back court. Her hit % is .636!

Oh, hey, I missed this one. Wisconsin also lost to Maryland yesterday, so there is a good chance we move up to number two.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Louisville ends up jumping past us to #2. I also wouldn't be surprised if a number of voters still keep Wisconsin ahead of Pitt and/or UL in their lists.

OSU, on the other hand, should drop quite a bit. UW's SOS is #4 and OSU is #46. OSU is 0-1 against the RPI top-25.

The vote totals last week:
Texas (53) 1589
Wisconsin (11) 1547
OSU 1426
Pitt 1403
UL 1386

Washington 1210

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Louisville ends up jumping past us to #2. I also wouldn't be surprised if a number of voters still keep Wisconsin ahead of Pitt and/or UL in their lists.

OSU, on the other hand, should drop quite a bit. UW's SOS is #4 and OSU is #46. OSU is 0-1 against the RPI top-25.

Well OSU's loss was to a team that was ranked something like 7th last week, so they aren't going to drop more than a couple spots. Wisconsin lost to a team that not only was not ranked, they weren't even in the "others receiving votes" list. Their loss was, by far, a worse loss.

I'm not sure why Louisville would jump Pitt. Pitt was ahead last week, and Pitt's win over North Carolina on the road is certainly better than Louisville's home win over Miami. Now I would agree that Lousiville's potential home win over Florida State today will be better than Pitt's potential win over NC State on the road, but I can't imagine a logical reason how anyone could have thought that Pitt was the better team last week and feel the opposite this week given the likely results.

Now I would agree that Lousiville's potential home win over Florida State today will be better than Pitt's potential win over NC State on the road, but I can't imagine a logical reason how anyone could have thought that Pitt was the better team last week and feel the opposite this week given the likely results.
The reason I posted the actual votes is because there is NOT uniformity in the sequencing of those teams. OSU/Pitt/UL were almost equal with big gaps up to 2nd or down to 6th. Yes, Pitt had a lead of 17 votes, but that is a small number compared to what will be reapportioned from UW and OSU last week.

Based on where the teams were voted last week:
Pitt beat #10 Baylor, #11 BYU, #21 Tennessee
UL beat #7 Purdue, #7 Kentucky, #12 Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT