ADVERTISEMENT

PITT not ranked in latest coaches poll and...

First, I don't waste money on gambling or take this seriously enough to even consider what you said. This is entertainment, nothing more. I would never put money on a bunch of kids playing a game. That's foolishness. If you'd do that, you'd be the fool no matter what the odds are.

Secondly, I don't take seriously anyone who calls me names. But that's typical of so many Pitt fans these days. It's not your fault. You're just one of the delusional sheep that thinks this team is a good team. It's not. No offense other than Izzy, no defense at all. Forget the kicking game and the coaching is inept. Open your eyes and use your brain, what's left of it.
i didnt call you anything bad. clown isnt insulting, people call me worse every day.. sorry if you took offense, i take it back, you are not a clown..

i think this team is ok, still down big time on Slovis, Wrs and the De is dissapointing to say the least. so no, i dont think i am delusional on this team. we will find out more after the Ville and UNC game.

I just think your 10% chance to beat Louisville was ridiculous, still do. it's a 50 / 50 game, maybe 40% chance since it's away.. it's not that i think pitt is soo great as i think L'ville and UNC are also very mediocre.. with that said, no reason to call you a name so i apologize for that.

i didnt call you anything bad. clown isnt insulting, people call me worse every day.. sorry if you took offense, i take it back, you are not a clown..

i think this team is ok, still down big time on Slovis, Wrs and the De is dissapointing to say the least. so no, i dont think i am delusional on this team. we will find out more after the Ville and UNC game.

I just think your 10% chance to beat Louisville was ridiculous, still do. it's a 50 / 50 game, maybe 40% chance since it's away.. it's not that i think pitt is soo great as i think L'ville and UNC are also very mediocre.. with that said, no reason to call you a name so i apologize for that.

No worries. We're OK. I've seen your posts and respect your opinions. It's not a big deal.

I still have to believe with what I've seen of this Pitt team that Pitt's chances of beating L'ville @ L'ville and UNC @ UNC are maybe 25% at best. Maybe 10% was a bit of hyperbole, but after the debacle against GT and the sporadic play against a bad VT team, not to mention the poor coaching, I just can't imagine Pitt being anything less than a 5 to 7 point underdog in each of those games. Maybe I'm wrong and probably will be. But that's what I see and why I'm not a bookie.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
No worries. We're OK. I've seen your posts and respect your opinions. It's not a big deal.

I still have to believe with what I've seen of this Pitt team that Pitt's chances of beating L'ville @ L'ville and UNC @ UNC are maybe 25% at best. Maybe 10% was a bit of hyperbole, but after the debacle against GT and the sporadic play against a bad VT team, not to mention the poor coaching, I just can't imagine Pitt being anything less than a 5 to 7 point underdog in each of those games. Maybe I'm wrong and probably will be. But that's what I see and why I'm not a bookie.
the few things that you could always count on with a narduzzi team, ALWAYS count on is our DEs getting sacks and us stopping the run. those two arent there and that is what scares me with this team. so i cant necessarily disagree with you too much on your less than flattering outlook for the rest of the season..

the few things that you could always count on with a narduzzi team, ALWAYS count on is our DEs getting sacks and us stopping the run. those two arent there and that is what scares me with this team. so i cant necessarily disagree with you too much on your less than flattering outlook for the rest of the season..

Exactly. The pass rush is scarce to non-existent and we can't stop the run against a poor running team. That's scary right now. I'm not even going to go into our pass defense. But I believe that you score points with offense and win with defense. This Pitt team has been very disappointing on defense.

I'm normally a Pitt optimist. But I see this Pitt team as a 6-6 or 7-5 team right now, if we get some breaks, our running game continues to be so good, and our QB suddenly becomes decent. If our defense continues the way it is now, 6-6 is the ceiling. Funny....at the beginning of the year even with the UT loss, I thought this Pitt team was going to go 8-4 or 9-3. I believed the hype. I was wrong to do that.

I agree that we seem like a team that doesn't have an identity and not a very high ceiling even if we find one over the next few weeks, so that doesn't help us in popularity contests like the polls are. I also think SEC bias complaints are often rooted in jealously. But LSU receiving more votes than Pitt? Come on. At least we gave Tennessee a game.
Some of that might be the fact that opening week sees larger drops and rises than week 6 as folks are still figuring out the field.

Nobody complained about our post-Tennessee ranking.

The Pitt team that lost to Tennessee in OT should be ranked. We are no longer that team. If we played them now we lose by at least 3 tds. In case you haven't noticed, our passing game has pretty much disappeared. We cannot score with the better teams, it's that simple.
For the most part, I agree with you. The passing game hasn't disappeared, it never really had a chance to exist here this year. The cignetti hiring was not a good one for the program. It is an old, stale offense and watching it is very frustrating for most Pitt football fans to watch and an absolute joy for most teams DC's to play against. I know that sounds silly after Abanikanda's record setting performance this past Saturday, but I do believe that was an outlier.
It just sucks that the Pitt football team ALWAYS seem to screw itself in one game each year. This year, it was the GT game. The loss made no sense. It was so bad to watch it physically hurt. The Tennessee loss sucked because it was winnable, the same can't be said for the GT game.
Pitt could very easily be sitting 6-0 right now and ranked around #7 or #8 in the country with those two wins, unfortunately we lost all of that national exposure and pollsters votes that last years magical season brought us.

ESPN's Chances for Pitt Wins & (Sagarin Computer Prediction):

@Louisville---41.1% (-3)
@UNC---34.6% (-4)
Syracuse---52.7% (+3)
@Virginia---71.9% (+8)
Duke---74.7% (+8)
@Miami---37.7% (-2)

Both currently suggest a 3-3 outcome and a 7-5 regular season.

Only hope for better is that the bye week gets lots of guys fully healthy and that newly healthy team is a lot better than the one we have seen post-Tennessee.

For the most part, I agree with you. The passing game hasn't disappeared, it never really had a chance to exist here this year. The cignetti hiring was not a good one for the program. It is an old, stale offense and watching it is very frustrating for most Pitt football fans to watch and an absolute joy for most teams DC's to play against. I know that sounds silly after Abanikanda's record setting performance this past Saturday, but I do believe that was an outlier.
It just sucks that the Pitt football team ALWAYS seem to screw itself in one game each year. This year, it was the GT game. The loss made no sense. It was so bad to watch it physically hurt. The Tennessee loss sucked because it was winnable, the same can't be said for the GT game.
Pitt could very easily be sitting 6-0 right now and ranked around #7 or #8 in the country with those two wins, unfortunately we lost all of that national exposure and pollsters votes that last years magical season brought us.

A lot of teams could be saying the exact same thing, if only.... We're no different. We are what we are, a middle of the pack mediocre team. If we can hit 7-5 overall, that will be an accomplishment.

Kansas (19) lost to a ranked TCU(17) and didn't drop like we did when we lost to Tennessee who was what 24,25 the time of game. I understand we were what 17? And Tennessee was below us? But we dropped almost completely out the poll then. Now look at Tennessee in top 8. But seems like nobody cares we took them OT and day what you want but GT is ties for 1st right now in our division (not saying much but).
One happened in week 6 the other happened in week 2.

I am (not) surprised that Pitt has so many cynical, negative fans. I understand the disappointment of GT loss. I was pissed too. But, they are not a ‘bad’ team who has little chance of beating Lou or UNC or any of the other Coastal games. They are decent, not great, offensively and defensively. And, no doubt they are as good or better than some teams ranked ahead of them. How many ‘good’ teams played two tough OOC games, and have suffered as many significant injuries as Pitt? This bye week will determine much of their fate, but if some injuries return and Cig diversifies the O, Pitt could compete in the Coastal till the end. If it satisfies your outlook or ego to demean the team, go ahead. I will remain optimistic and hope for the best.

Last edited:
I’m going to the UNC game. Pretty stoked.
Being in a top 25 poll mid season means nothing.
Not sure what team shows up against Louisville, but if it’s the one that took Tennessee to overtime, I like our chances.
Not sure how our defense can contain Maye at UNC, but I’ll be there to watch.
Contain Maye by getting back the moxie on D and smack him in the damn mouth!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT