Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
in all of the following:

Passing yards(Marino)
Rushing yards (Martin, Dorsett)
Receiving yards (Fitzgerald)

also in
Punting yards (Lee)
Sacks (Doleman, used to have Ricky Jackson too)
Fumble recoveries, safeties (Burt Grossman actually), and of course most of the periphery categories associated with Passing, Rushing and Receiving as well

Something to be proud about during a rough season.

Last edited:
in all of the following:

Passing (Marino)
Rushing (Martin, Dorsett)
Receiving (Fitzgerald)

also in
Punting (Lee)
Fumble recoveries, safeties (Burt Grossman actually), and of course most of the periphery categories associated with Passing, Rushing and Receiving as well

Unfortunately nobody outside our beloved PL gives a sh#t Must hang on to something during these dark,dark days and remain positive anyway we can!!!

in all of the following:

Passing (Marino)
Receiving (Fitzgerald)

also in
Punting (Lee)

A lot of great individual talent. I wish we had more great teams.

in all of the following:

Passing (Marino)
Receiving (Fitzgerald)

also in
Punting (Lee)

what is the NFL?

Reactions: Springfield Panther
Unfortunately nobody outside our beloved PL gives a sh#t Must hang on to something during these dark,dark days and remain positive anyway we can!!!

Well, yes, why would any other college fan base give a sh#t about Pitt having guys in the top 10?

Just noticed it when I was looking up how many yards Shady has (over 9,000, which I thought was tremendous for a guy with 2 major knee surgeries before college)

Reactions: doubleAA's
in all of the following:

Passing (Marino)
Receiving (Fitzgerald)

also in
Punting (Lee)

Yeah and that helps in recruiting how? Look, we are not getting any bonus points for our past. Even the local kids could care less.

Yeah and that helps in recruiting how? Look, we are not getting any bonus points for our past. Even the local kids could care less.

ehhh... that is your opinion.

I am not so sure if Revis didnt exist that Hamlin, Ford and Whitehead would have came.

Aaron Donald was mentioned by Camp as an additional reason he came here.

If you are a DT and the school that is recruiting you just had a DT win every major award out there, that wouldnt influence you?? Dont fool yourself. I get you are mr. negative, but not everything is negative.

I think it's cool to see Pitt players in NFL games. Especially someone you forgot about. It can't hurt. But its not really helping anything tangible. Unless these NFL players donate well? If not, Ms. Lyke (and your proxies in these boards), these are the guys to hit up for big coin. :p

I am not so sure if Revis didnt exist that Hamlin, Ford and Whitehead would have came.

If you are a DT and the school that is recruiting you just had a DT win every major award out there, that wouldnt influence you?? Dont fool yourself. I get you are mr. negative, but not everything is negative.

ehhh......I see by our recruiting rankings and our misses that I am more correct than you are.

Reactions: DevinMegahan
Stats like this again show why PITT is the most unique program in college football. The "modern era" success wasn't just 10 years in the 70s and 80s. We continued to be an NFL factory, and have players at the highest levels. There are more great players in recent years that aren't on that list.

Yet the last 30 years of this modern era have been mediocre to poor. I think that the number of high level players that continue to come through here is in part why people can't accept this will forever be a mediocre program( and maybe why we shouldn't). We continue to get a taste of greatness, even through mediocre years

I agree with guys like Donald, McCoy, Fitzgerald, and Revis, but if the guy wasn't a star when these guys were at least in middle school, it doesn't matter. Tony D has some cache because of the Heisman, but that is pretty much it for anyone pre-2000.

in all of the following:

Passing (Marino)
Receiving (Fitzgerald)

also in
Punting (Lee)

I think the rate Shady is going he may break the top 10. I noticed that INTs werent on this list, and looked at the INT leaders. Boy has the pro game changed. only 2 active INT leaders in the top 100 leaders. Foolishly thought maybe Revis would be in there. Nope.

Reactions: President Stache
I agree with guys like Donald, McCoy, Fitzgerald, and Revis, but if the guy wasn't a star when these guys were at least in middle school, it doesn't matter. Tony D has some cache because of the Heisman, but that is pretty much it for anyone pre-2000.

Totally agree here. No one is going to Pitt because Mark Stepnoski was a beast in the NFL.

I also think we have gotten and will continue to get grad transfers due to Peterman and Savage (although Browne will put a kabosh to that.)

Do you? Give examples. You are an empty vacuum. I gave examples. Who did we lose locally where they said past Pitt players had no effect on whether they considered Pitt?

And I think you are just assuming Whitehead, Hamlin and Ford came here because of Revis. I never ever heard that. Unless you can prove that is why they came, guess what?? #FAKENEWS

Reactions: Hotshoe
Stats like this again show why PITT is the most unique program in college football. The "modern era" success wasn't just 10 years in the 70s and 80s. We continued to be an NFL factory, and have players at the highest levels. There are more great players in recent years that aren't on that list.

Yet the last 30 years of this modern era have been mediocre to poor. I think that the number of high level players that continue to come through here is in part why people can't accept this will forever be a mediocre program( and maybe why we shouldn't). We continue to get a taste of greatness, even through mediocre years

Isnt that the truth.

I do agree with the assessment, and the fact that I get some pride of this. I know I work far away from the burgh, and when I say I went to Pitt people will just say, 'oh great school' or something, and usually not know what conference we play in. But when I list the NFL guys that went to Pitt most are surprised. Arent many schools that have the pedigree Pitt has in that regard.

in all of the following:

Passing (Marino)
Receiving (Fitzgerald)

also in
Punting (Lee)

Fitzgerald and Lee added to their list tonight

Never induce facts into The Pres's delusional rants. Hell, he invented 2 Knee Surguries for LeSean McCoy to make a point..

I am not sure what a surgury is, I guess it is how penn state students spell surgery, but I know he had 2 leg injuries, and one very bad one that enabled him to come to Pitt in the first place:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...stats-injuries-bills-schedule-usc-pitt-101416

He also has had 2 knee surgeries in the pros according to sportsinjurypredictor.com

Sounds like you may be a fan boy of stache's but you arent an accurate one

I am not sure what a surgury is, I guess it is how penn state students spell surgery, but I know he had 2 leg injuries, and one very bad one that enabled him to come to Pitt in the first place:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...stats-injuries-bills-schedule-usc-pitt-101416

He also has had 2 knee surgeries in the pros according to sportsinjurypredictor.com

Sounds like you may be a fan boy of stache's but you arent an accurate one

Thanks, I think she was banned, hopefully she saw your post first

Michigan has put out 3 that are arguably the best at their positions....

Brady
Hutchison LG for Seattle for many yrs. IIRC first to hit 5M as a guard. Made 25 yr all pro squad.
Woodson Don't give me Sanders. Woodson tackled people.

Michigan has put out 3 that are arguably the best at their positions....

Brady
Hutchison LG for Seattle for many yrs. IIRC first to hit 5M as a guard. Made 25 yr all pro squad.
Woodson Don't give me Sanders. Woodson tackled people.

Gotta admit, not sure what this has to do with having the top yardage makers in NFL history in run, pass and catch, but year, obviously Michigan has enormous NFL talent. I would certainly say that Michigan gives Pitt a run for its money in top end NFL talent.

I was just referencing the all time yardage leaders

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT