ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt sports chat Thursday. . .

Im still of the belief that noah hiles and the FANs Adam Crowley are the same person
Other than the fact that one is a WVU alum and diehard fan, and the other grew up as a Pitt fan in a Pitt family, spending his birthday money as a 13 year old to buy Pitt football season tickets?

Reactions: NAH9595
you didn't see the whole twitter incident with Hiles after the ND game?
You mean where he quoted Narduzzi’s comments? Sure did. That is what reporters do, they report what people say. Hiles was just the first person to report it. People on here complain about Narduzzi’s comments all of the time. And if the reporters didn’t report what he said, no one would have anything to complain about.

You mean where he quoted Narduzzi’s comments? Sure did. That is what reporters do, they report what people say. Hiles was just the first person to report it. People on here complain about Narduzzi’s comments all of the time. And if the reporters didn’t report what he said, no one would have anything to complain about.

Hiles would probably find himself out of a job if he did that to Franklin. But let's pretend that the PG is totally fair to Pitt.

necksand.jpg

Misinformation.

If he would have quoted Duzz, the whole thing wouldn't have blown up. He either mischaracterized what Duzz said by cherry picking what he wanted for some quick cred or he was just being really lazy. Posted a half-hearted apology over it.

If he would have quoted Duzz, the whole thing wouldn't have blown up. He either mischaracterized what Duzz said by cherry picking what he wanted for some quick cred or he was just being really lazy. Posted a half-hearted apology over it.
If I would've just known that he said this:

"I’ll go back, as a football coach you lose a lot of good players from a year ago and you think as a coach you’re going to replace them and obviously we haven’t."

everything would've been ok.

LOL

I can’t believe people are still mad about that. The full answer is still a terrible quote. It’s just as bad!

If I would've just known that he said this:

"I’ll go back, as a football coach you lose a lot of good players from a year ago and you think as a coach you’re going to replace them and obviously we haven’t."

everything would've been ok.

LOL
Do you just troll the Pitt site out of nothing else to do in life or some other reason?

Apparently if a local media person is not constantly singing the praises of the University of Pittsburgh, they are anti-Pitt. That is silly.

Yes, there are nitters and hillbillies that take needless and petty swipes at Pitt and they've been discussed here many times. But what baffles me are media types that are fair to Pitt and yet still get attacked.

Folks I was in the business world for over 40 years. A few times I had to let go of people that I really liked. It was difficult, but I had a job to do. It wasn't personal. The same thing goes for local sports writers tied to Pitt.

Hiles, Zeise, Carter are all supporters of Pitt. But their job is to report and comment without bias. That's a rare thing these days. But that's their job. Moreover, we do a lot of Pitt criticizing here, but we still want Pitt to succeed.

I understand the frustration with the childish needling of the nitters and the hillbillies, but in the case of Hiles, Zeise, Carter, and a few others, I don't see it.

• Haha
Reactions: Franb and FireballZ
Should be alot of hoops talk with Cuse, and Tar Heels in the schedule cue.

Have you ever heard either of those guys trash Pitt?
Hiles, yes. Carter, no.

Hiles has a column in the PG this morning, supposedly analyzing Pitt's season. All it really talks about are media interactions. Seems like his feelings were hurt.

I hope anyone who does go talks with Carter and ignores Hiles.

Reactions: FireballZ
It's ignoring the part where Duzz said, "It's on me," is what sticks in a lot of people's minds. It wasn't like the Lair was the only place this misquote took a lot of heat.
Narduzzi says "it's on me" after every single bad loss.

Right, right. It's on us (and I guess everyone who ran with that story) for not knowing that's what Duzz meant for that particular quote.
I think what Duzz meant by the quote is what Hiles tweeted out. It was a bad quote after a bad loss, but the portion that Hiles used was the point Duzz was trying to make: the talent this year wasn’t as good as the talent in prior years, which was a big reason why the team is worse.

I think what Duzz meant by the quote is what Hiles tweeted out. It was a bad quote after a bad loss, but the portion that Hiles used was the point Duzz was trying to make: the talent this year wasn’t as good as the talent in prior years, which was a big reason why the team is worse.
Well, the reaction to the quote by players and former players, and then the blowback, from the same once everyone found out the context, seems to have mattered. I don't know. It's weird that Pitt fans have to have this conversation about their own reporters.

Well, the reaction to the quote by players and former players, and then the blowback, from the same once everyone found out the context, seems to have mattered. I don't know. It's weird that Pitt fans have to have this conversation about their own reporters.
Yet the predicted mass departures didn't happen.

Correct. It was poor reporting. Hiles made a mistake. We all make them. He apologized. That doesn’t make him anti-Pitt. Carter is a Pitt grad. Zeise’s son went to Pitt and always comes to Pitt’s defense when nitters and hillbillies troll him on Twitter.

There is definitely a negative element from certain individuals in the local media concerning Pitt. However they are not in that group.

Reactions: pittdan77
Other than the fact that one is a WVU alum and diehard fan, and the other grew up as a Pitt fan in a Pitt family, spending his birthday money as a 13 year old to buy Pitt football season tickets?
I meant physical stature/look

Correct. It was poor reporting. Hiles made a mistake. We all make them. He apologized. That doesn’t make him anti-Pitt. Carter is a Pitt grad. Zeise’s son went to Pitt and always comes to Pitt’s defense when nitters and hillbillies troll him on Twitter.

There is definitely a negative element from certain individuals in the local media concerning Pitt. However they are not in that group.
Not about to say Hiles is he next Rob Biertempfel of Pitt reporting. Zeise has had a bit of an axe to grind since his kid graduated but he does defend the against the trolls. He was different before he had to step back. We know what Cook is. Madden. Poni seems to have had some sort of epiphany or something, LOL. It's just strange because if you have to hang around in Nit land like I do, it's totally okay to attack any and everything a reporter does that paints the school or the program in a bad light. Has always been that way. We eat our own so quickly it's not even funny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT