ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Still Needs an Opponent For 2025 Opener

Of course you missed something if you didn't go to YSU. You get about 7 chances to watch Pitt at home per year. That's also only 7 times someone gets to tailgate out of 52 weekends a year. You missed out on one of only 7 chances to watch Eli Holstein at home and who knows how many years, if any after this season, he'll be at Pitt, let alone watching a Pitt QB go for 247 through the air and 93 on the ground with 5 TDs. You missed Carter going for over 100 yards. You missed homecoming. You missed Pitt clinching its first undefeated out-of-conference season since it left independence and first time it started 4-0 in 24 years. You missed one of the five largest offensive outputs of yardage in Pitt football history. I don't know about you, but I've been to a lot of Pitt games, home and away, and I've not been witness to may games where Pitt has put up 70+ points and had a 50+ point margin of victory (UMass in 2021 was a 44 point margin, and yes, I bet people now realize in retrospect that soaking in every game they could in 2021 was worthwhile). Was there much drama? no, but there was history. And every game has the chance to be historic.

fall-drama.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT