ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Syracuse Thread

I didn't see the game but some players wear a kind of headband/helmut sort of thing if they have had problems with concussions. Petr Cech used to wear one when he played goal for Chelsea.
It looked a little cumbersome. I was wondering if a head injury might be why he was wearing it. Good info, thank you! I hope the guy is doing okay.

It looked a little cumbersome. I was wondering if a head injury might be why he was wearing it. Good info, thank you! I hope the guy is doing okay.
Some teams in my daughter's youth soccer make their goalies wear those to protect from concussions.

There’s a pro team in Pittsburgh -I use that term loosely, but pitt79 would probably enjoy them….anyway the entire team wears headgear as they aim to promote head safety. I think they are called Pittsburgh City United and play games at Highmark and some grass field somewhere.

There’s a pro team in Pittsburgh -I use that term loosely, but pitt79 would probably enjoy them….anyway the entire team wears headgear as they aim to promote head safety. I think they are called Pittsburgh City United and play games at Highmark and some grass field somewhere.

Never heard of them. There's no way these guys could be making any money at all. Maybe they get their meals and hotels paid for on the road but I doubt even that. They would have literally no revenue.

Never heard of them. There's no way these guys could be making any money at all. Maybe they get their meals and hotels paid for on the road but I doubt even that. They would have literally no revenue.
Of course not. Nether do beer league softball players/teams.

I cant imagine they draw more than 50 people at their games. I mean I'm a pretty big soccer fan and if this team was playing at our local field, I wouldn't go watch them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT