ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt / Syracuse Thursday 10/24 Fitz Bobblehead

This should help attendance on a Thursday , no ?

"They will also give a limited number of Larry Fitzgerald bobbleheads to fans who arrive early"

How much it will help probably hinges on how limited the handout is. If people think they need to be in the stadium an hour before kickoff to get one, it probably won't help much.

If the handout is too limited, most of the bobble heads will end up in the hands of scalpers that buy the cheapest tickets possible to walk in as soon as the gates open, get a bobble head, then leave immediately.

"They will also give a limited number of Larry Fitzgerald bobbleheads to fans who arrive early"

How much it will help probably hinges on how limited the handout is. If people think they need to be in the stadium an hour before kickoff to get one, it probably won't help much.

If the handout is too limited, most of the bobble heads will end up in the hands of scalpers that buy the cheapest tickets possible to walk in as soon as the gates open, get a bobble head, then leave immediately.
I saw that too after I posted. Limited number could mean 50k or 25k , who knows but I still like the idea.

Reactions: NKSplitter
An easy way around the scalper issue is we get the panther club membership in our ticket portal. You have to scan your panther club membership to get a bobblehead. Easy solution

This should help attendance on a Thursday , no ?
I have been to home games during the week before, and I think this is a good idea.

It is a great idea. Yinzers love their bobbleheads.

I think I'd rather see something like this at an already big event type game, whether it's WVU or something like Homecoming. Thursday night seems like such an afterthought and not the best time to honor one of your all-time greats. Then again, maybe that is when he was available.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I think I'd rather see something like this at an already big event type game, whether it's WVU or something like Homecoming. Thursday night seems like such an afterthought and not the best time to honor one of your all-time greats. Then again, maybe that is when he was available.

It’s also to try to draw fans. That’s the reason for this.

I thought the Riverhounds did one of the coolest promos I've ever seen. Instead of a Mount Rushmore, they did a Mount Washington of Riverhounds soccer statue thing.

Who would be on Pitt's Mount Washington?

Dorsett
Marino
Green
Donald

I thought the Riverhounds did one of the coolest promos I've ever seen. Instead of a Mount Rushmore, they did a Mount Washington of Riverhounds soccer statue thing.

Who would be on Pitt's Mount Washington?

Dorsett
Marino
Green
Donald
They already did a mt Rushmore trophy. I have it in my office

s-l1600.webp

Reactions: FireballZ
I was at the game when they gave away the James Conner Bobblehead against NC State. Was a great crowd in the first half before Pitt started losing pretty bad. I could be wrong but I thought they may have said first 30k got one.

I was at the game when they gave away the James Conner Bobblehead against NC State. Was a great crowd in the first half before Pitt started losing pretty bad. I could be wrong but I thought they may have said first 30k got one.
Yeah I got about 3 that day

Reactions: BreakingPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT