ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt v LIU volleyball

I havent seen another college team in any sport wear them so why now?

Did you watch the NCAA basketball tournament? Masks were optional for players on the bench, but a lot of them wore them. They were mandatory for the coaching staffs. Half of the Pitt baseball team wears them in the dugout. Brock Franks , the SS, wears his mask on the base paths, but not when he is in the field. He has one of those gaiter-styled masks and keeps it around his neck when he is fielding and hitting, then pulls it up if he is on base. Trevor Lawrence wore his mask on the sidelines even after he recovered from Covid.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Did you watch the NCAA basketball tournament? Masks were optional for players on the bench, but a lot of them wore them. They were mandatory for the coaching staffs. Half of the Pitt baseball team wears them in the dugout. Brock Franks , the SS, wears his mask on the base paths, but not when he is in the field. He has one of those gaiter-styled masks and keeps it around his neck when he is fielding and hitting, then pulls it up if he is on base. Trevor Lawrence wore his mask on the sidelines even after he recovered from Covid.
I am asking why full volleyball teams were the only full teams to wear masks while playing. It doesn't make sense.

I am asking why full volleyball teams were the only full teams to wear masks while playing. It doesn't make sense.

It was clear during the regular season that certain teams had rules and certain sites had rules. Some teams would come to Pitt and wear masks while playing, while Pitt would only wear them on the sidelines. Other times, Pitt would wear them during games at other venues consistent with the host team (at ND, I believe). ND wore masks during play yesterday. I didn't notice what they did today.

FWIW, I think Pitt was the only ACC team to not have a single contest canceled all season, so whatever their policy is seems to be effective. Volleyball is probably in a unique position because it is indoor but not particularly aerobic (as opposed to basketball). Clearly you couldn't wrestle in a mask, and gymnastics allows for distancing regardless of masks.

I would guess Pitt has the capability to vaccinate their athletes, especially teams approaching a championship. Maybe the masks are just for optics at this point. Rice was eliminated because of COVID testing, so who knows.

There were basketball teams that wore masks while playing this past season.

What doesn't make sense is how such a great basketball "expert" such as yourself doesn't know that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT