ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt VB 3 Ga Tech 1

Very impessive.H2P!
I think this is Fisher’s best team.
So many weapons- Dalton is getting better and better, Buzzerio sort of lacks flash - but is super productive and efficient. Grey, Fairbanks, Vazquez- Gomez, Nwokolo, Starks …

Grey, Buzzerio, Fairbanks, and maybe Dalton and Vazquez- Gomez are certainly all ACC players and at least 2 will be all Americans.

Cam Ennis , Akeo, Cat Flood are really good role players. Klika and Jespen have been good when called on. And I think Browskie has been outstanding as a Libero - she’s really improved from last season.

they have a shot to host a regional again. Legit national championship contender IMo. Louisville should be a fantastic match.

I think this is Fisher’s best team.
So many weapons- Dalton is getting better and better, Buzzerio sort of lacks flash - but is super productive and efficient. Grey, Fairbanks, Vazquez- Gomez, Nwokolo, Starks …

Grey, Buzzerio, Fairbanks, and maybe Dalton and Vazquez- Gomez are certainly all ACC players and at least 2 will be all Americans.

Cam Ennis , Akeo, Cat Flood are really good role players. Klika and Jespen have been good when called on. And I think Browskie has been outstanding as a Libero - she’s really improved from last season.

they have a shot to host a regional again. Legit national championship contender IMo. Louisville should be a fantastic match.
I agree.Good observations.Louisville games will be epic.

I think this team still has a lot of improvement left. They have been without Akeo most of the year and were still using Ennis late in the match today. Fish seems perplexed by the Starks/Fairbanks RS battle. Beyond that, I think Dalton has been pretty ineffective (at least on offense).

This team seems to rise to the occasion and their only losses have been to really good teams who flew under the radar. Hopefully they can keep that kind of focus against Louisville soon. Hope the Fitz will be packed.

I usually don’t give props to the opponent,but I really like the Bergman player from GT.Nice player.She looks like the type of player we would go for.

I’m in Barcelona and ESPN+ is blacked out in Europe even with a VPN, so this was the first match against another ranked team I have missed in two years. I really thought GT had the best returningteam in the ACC, but our transfers have changed the equation. Following the game on the team’s Twitter feed isn’t the optimum, but it seems like we were in control most of the way.

Kudos to the GT coach for rebuilding that program so fast. Three years ago, they were pretty awful. I might be off by a year, but my recollection is that she, the Clemson coach and the UNC coach were hired the same year. I have no doubt but that Clemson and UNC threw a lot more money at their programs than GT did, but she has built by far the most solid program.

I think this team has the potential to be Fish's best team but they aren't there yet. There is room for improvement for sure. Dalton shows flashes of improving but still lacks consistency as a hitter. She and Buzzerio have definitely improved the block. The lack of contribution from Akeo is a little perplexing. Is her injury lingering and affecting her? .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT