ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Volleyball is 3-0!

I don't think they'll lose more than 3-4 matches this year. And it may be even better than that!

Reactions: persp
For those of you who follow the program closely, how far do you think this team can go? Repeat as ACC champs? NCAAs?

For those of you who follow the program closely, how far do you think this team can go? Repeat as ACC champs? NCAAs?

Pitt basically didn’t lose anyone from last year’s team. I don’t watch other ACC volleyball that closely, but unless a team out there has some stud freshman class, there’s no reason why Pitt can’t repeat. Lund, Markovic, and Williams are pretty freaking good attackers, and Akeo, while undersized, is as good as it gets from the setter position.

Compared to the best of the best in the country, Pitt has been matched up with Penn State the past two years, who have had a size advantage over some of our players, especially at the net. So the tourney really just depends on the matchups.

Should repeat as ACC champs and if they can get a top 16 seed, they can get a regional and stay away from PSU. This team can go at least to sweet 16 and maybe further.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Stephanie Williams' health is key to maxing out their potential - even with as good as Lund and Markovic have been on the outside. She got hurt against Butler and didn't play at all against Pepperdine - hopefully it's just precautionary, Fish got real sub heavy against Pepperdine. In that vein, I love what I've seen from Starks. They're building her confidence up for that late October stretch at UNC and at NC State.

I really think they can go wire to wire. They've always had the offense, but their D has tightened up and as Starks' confidence rises, that's an additional element at net they really haven't had in Fisher's time here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT