ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Miami Gamethread

this was supposed to be the year for Pat. Pitt will have a new HC in 2022. Who's the Jeff capel of the college football world? sakasian from Bama ready to coach again?

If I am the opposing OC I would just keep flooding this defensive scheme with wide receivers every play and eventually they will get confused and drop the coverage or commit a penalty. There is absolutely no reason to run the ball.

H2P

But what makes you even think he is the better passer? He’s missed several throws that a D1 backup should make fairly routinely. Not saying the kid is terrible, there’s just nothing he’s better than Beville at. It should be an easy decision to roll with Beville here.

From what I saw against USC and what I’ve seen today Yellen can throw the ball. Maybe not the most athletic guy, but he can get the ball downfield and has a nice touch. It’s his 2nd freaking game, on the road against (supposedly) one of the better teams in the country.

Definitely deserves a little bit of a leash and needs some reps to get better for next season.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Just what, exactly, are you basing that on?
It was already known Beville is more mobile.

Yellen has missed some really easy throws, and also lobbed some wobblers out there.

Beville had a completion that was called back that had more zip on it than anything Yellen threw all day.

Beville is more similar to Pickett and probably fits Whipple’s system better too. The offense is more limited with Yellen in.

What sucks is when we have issues on D they seem to be corrected. if we have issues on offense, no adjustments are ever made

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT