ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Tennessee Volleyball

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Pitt is up 2 sets to 1. Came from behind to win set 3, 28-26.

Pitt won 1st set 25-23. Lost second set 25-16. Losing set 2 is becoming a bad habit.

Pitt leads set 4 5-4. Back and forth.

So far in match 24 ties, 11 lead changes.

Pitt now leads set 4 11-10.

Tennessee wins 4th set 25-20. Served better. Passed better. Dug better. Hit better. Not much more to the game than that.

PITT WINS FIFTH SET 15-10.

Wins match 3-2.

Tennessee was 4-0.

Winning the first set and then losing the second is happening too often. The win in the 5th was solid, albeit helped greatly by two Tennessee service errors. The setting during the entire match was not great.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I’d hate to rely on winning five set thrillers, but this team has clearly demonstrated they can handle pressure. Well done.

Reactions: ThePanthers
They haven’t played a home game yet. Played in two tournaments on the road.

The thing that most concerns me this year after watching them three times is that they have a very difficult time holding serve. In the fourth set, I believe they only scored 3 points on their serve. The set was back and forth until Tennessee scored 4 points on serve; at that point it basically was over.

In the 5th set, Pitt had one good streak on serve which followed a Tennessee service error and that was enough.

Watched the replay.Awesome game and Big win! Shouldn’t have gone the distance,but it happens sometimes.As long as we come out on top is all that matters.

Well sadly it appears that we are only a volleyball school as we sit here in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT