ADVERTISEMENT

PITT vs UNC Game Thread

Having watched this program since the early 70s ive seen every possible way to blow a game. This had that feel
Gotta hope this exorcized some of the Demons and the programs fortunes change

all for not if they don’t beat UVA and the cuse

Reactions: ldkjr516 and Farnox
Absolutely. Run the ball and quick passes to the flat.

We kept trying for more and kept getting pressured/sacked
Good God... I will have to watch the replay... but Addison was doubled almost all night. It looked like a cover-3 but I couldn't tell in real time. UNC DC... I expect UVA (well... with their defense might not matter) and Syracuse will follow the blueprint. Blanket the WR's and make Pickett beat you underneath. THIS is the time to use Davis.

Not a fan of the second half offensive play calling. No rhythm, not enough Izzy even though he did miss the one blitz pickup in pass protection...Kenny trying to go too much with the long ball without setting it up with the short routes. We miss Mack.

We did our best to hand this game to UNC, but in the end the defense came up big. It's almost incomprehensible how we can be so good in the first half and so bad in the second. Mind numbing play calling and strategy in the second half. Running tempo the entire half allowed UNC the time they needed to get back in the game. Simply stupid. Happy that we finally won a ugly game like this, but I'm getting too old to take all this drama.

Cruzer

I thought the play calls were fine. Pickett just struggled. He was holding the ball too long and not dropping off to the backs. He was trying to make homerun throws on every play. Were the scouts in his head? Also, the TE's were open all night but he stopped going to them. The OL also struggled a bit after a couple injuries.

We did our best to hand this game to UNC, but in the end the defense came up big. It's almost incomprehensible how we can be so good in the first half and so bad in the second. Mind numbing play calling and strategy in the second half. Running tempo the entire half allowed UNC the time they needed to get back in the game. Simply stupid. Happy that we finally won a ugly game like this, but I'm getting too old to take all this drama.

Cruzer
Especially after sucking all year in the 1st Q and being so good in the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT