ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/VT

persp

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2001
New singlets! I like!

Curry with a first period TD to take a 2-0 lead but Latona escapes and get a late TD to go up 3-2 going into the 2nd

Curry gets ridden out in the 3rd basically and falls to Latona, 5-3

Philippi/Myers next! Philippi needs to show he can beat top guys still. Been a LONG time

First period nearly over and still no shots from Phillippi. Just a weak arm drag attempt

Phillippi get hit with locked hands after a missed caution on the start on Myers. Another tough break in a big match for Pitt. I feel like that's been a theme this year. Micky needs to ride him out now

Reactions: _DBHoops
Micky falls 2-1 on that bogus penalty point. Not a fan of the reffing in that match. Myers should have had two cautions and much earlier stalling call in the last 40 seconds.

Girardi doing all he can to not shoot on Matthews. Cole starting to get a reputation

Matthews nearly gets the pin in the closing seconds and in multiple attempts. Cole is just an animal. Love watching him wrestle this year.

You can see how invested in him Luke Pletcher is too. Luke has to be playing a big role in Cole's breakout

Reactions: lucac and Chaos
I had to take a dump so I took it while Kemerer was wrestling. I assume he lost

Reactions: lucac
Wow! Great scramble to lock up the cradle and get the win in OT!

Great win, but man does he have that Jordan Burroughs-esqe quality of waiting until the very last second to do something to win the match lol

Reactions: lucac
Pitt needed a Cleary win badly. Still in it for the team match

Looking like lots of bonus points for VT at 174

Not looking good for Pitt on the team side. VT is really strong at 184 and Hwt

He’s never been the same since he’s gone to 184, when he was at 174 he was top 20, now he can barely sniff top #35

Reactions: persp
He’s never been the same since he’s gone to 184, when he was at 174 he was top 20, now he can barely sniff top #35
He looks like he's a lot weaker than his opponents. I guess it's too late in the season to drop back to 174 though. Too bad because Lledo isn't doing much at 174 either.

I would say though that Lledo really isn't ready to start yet. He is in there because he is capable of getting pins against non-top ranked opponents. He isn't going to win many matches on purely his wrestling yet, but he can certainly deck a lot of guys. That is upside that no one else at 174 has as of now.

I wonder if Kernan is hurt or not. He looked solid at the beginning of the year. I believe if I am not mistaken I saw a bunch of tape on his shoulder. The schedule got tough real quick at that weight

It looks like there may be a new interpretation of the mat return rule that makes Wentzel’s mat return illegal. If that is the case then that’s a big problem for wentzel since top is his main thing.

The ridiculous part about it is last year at NCAA’s Wentzel hit it at least 10 times and it was never called. so why all of a sudden is it being a problem, very confusing.

well now you can’t even hop with your leg in. I don't know when that changed but that's how it's being called, which basically makes using that mat return about impossible for Jake and Micky.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT