ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt with the 10th easiest football schedule in college football

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
A lot of ACC teams in the top 25 for the easiest football schedules in the country. No excuses on Pitt having a hard schedule.

The average team lost ~20 players and signed ~20 players from the portal so I would not put money on this!

It’s a down year in the ACC.

FSU will have somewhat of a rebuild.

Clemson’s refusal to use the portal across the board meant it didn’t do a ton to address their weaknesses of last year.

And it’s largely been a QB exodus to the point where you could argue VT’s QB is the second best QB in the conference, and he’s not that great.

Which means no ACC team’s schedule is going to be that daunting, because it’s made up of other ACC teams.

When you build into your analysis that the SEC ad big 10 schools are better then it inherently makes every ACC team weaker and thus their schedule weaker. This is nothing more than biased metrics.

They have 1 SEC school out of the top 50
They have 9 ACC schools out of the top 50

I'm sorry but when I see Rutgers, Nebraska, and Maryland all in the top 50 for the B10 I call BS to this ranking

Last edited:
When you build into your analysis that the SEC ad big 10 schools are better then it inherently makes every ACC team weaker and thus their schedule weaker. This is nothing more than biased metrics.

I'm sorry but when I see Rutgers, Nebraska, and Maryland all in the top 50 for the B10 I call BS to this ranking
Exactly this. It’s the same thing that plagued ACC basketball this year. When subjective assessments of SOS etc are used to make objective assessments of NET or rankings, then when teams from conferences that are perceived to be weaker start beating one another, losses are magnified and hurt them significantly, while wins are mostly cast aside and do little to help.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Believe what you want, but I took this with a grain of salt. With the transfer portal and its and recruiting ratings variables, nobody can scientifically pick strengths of schedules. Just like the hoops ratings for conferences and schedules, they are unreliable at this point. Some teams predicted to be weak may end up stronger than thought, and vice versa. Once the season starts and the good teams sort themselves out, then one can look at SOS.

Reactions: PITT 76
Exactly this. It’s the same thing that plagued ACC basketball this year. When subjective assessments of SOS etc are used to make objective assessments of NET or rankings, then when teams from conferences that are perceived to be weaker start beating one another, losses are magnified and hurt them significantly, while wins are mostly cast aside and do little to help.

What about when analytic rankings, which have no conference bias to them, show the SEC is the strongest conference?

What’s the explanation for that?

Eff the NCAA selection committee!!!!

10th easiest? Still too high, we need a softer OOC schedule to be #1. enough of these D1 teams, we need more youngstown state's and new hampshires in september.

Reactions: USN_Panther

Maryland and Rutgers are top 50 teams.

Reactions: bdur76
A lot of ACC teams in the top 25 for the easiest football schedules in the country. No excuses on Pitt having a hard schedule.

uh, Pitt is becoming an important cog in the easiness of the schedules of others...

10th easiest? Still too high, we need a softer OOC schedule to be #1. enough of these D1 teams, we need more youngstown state's and new hampshires in september.
I wondered how long it would take for someone to say the 10th easiest schedule is too difficult. JoeyD should be jumping in any minute.

I just read that Pitt has the 9th most difficult schedule in the ACC. Try to figure that math out. 🤔

The article is useless. With all of the transfers that have happened over the past year, no one knows for sure just how good or bad a team will be. Pitt could go 12-0 or they could go 2-10.
Let's give the new OC and the players a chance to learn the new offense, before we start placing putting unrealistic goals on the Pitt program.

The article is useless. With all of the transfers that have happened over the past year, no one knows for sure just how good or bad a team will be. Pitt could go 12-0 or they could go 2-10.
Let's give the new OC and the players a chance to learn the new offense, before we start placing putting unrealistic goals on the Pitt program.

This isn’t true.

Look at last season. When reason why there was issues sorting out the 4 team playoff compared to previous years, is because things kinda played out as one could reasonably expect for the year.
Am so there was too much chalk. Which meant to many teams had an argument for the playoffs.

The transfer portal has created uncertainty on the makeup of a team when looking at that team in December vs April.

But it hasn’t created that uncertainty from April to September. If anything, the transfer portal has ended the kind of wide variance you’re talking about. Because that’s what teams target in the portal. The positions where the bottom could fall out during the season as currently constructed, which would cause a wide variance in how the team could perform. The portal stabilizes that. So makes it easier to predict.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT