ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Women’s Soccer Ranked No. 7 in United Soccer Coaches Preseason Poll

Did you think that you would ever see Pitt ranked above an Anson Dorrance North Carolina team?
Put it this way. My daughter was offered by Randy and we sat in his office and he discussed his vision for the program and where it will be. While we believed in them as coaches and as people, we didn’t believe Pitt soccer was capable of anything like this. Not in this conference. And never thought it would be at the Penn St level.

Reactions: mike412
Put it this way. My daughter was offered by Randy and we sat in his office and he discussed his vision for the program and where it will be. While we believed in them as coaches and as people, we didn’t believe Pitt soccer was capable of anything like this. Not in this conference. And never thought it would be at the Penn St level.

I honestly thought Pitt wouldn't be able to attract enough talented upper middle class to rich American suburban girls (the talent market for girls soccer). I was wrong.

I honestly thought Pitt wouldn't be able to attract enough talented upper middle class to rich American suburban girls (the talent market for girls soccer). I was wrong.
Yeah and not to mention there are different avenues to build rosters. Nikki at WVU built her top 10 teams by heavily going into Canada. You’d think Morgantown would be a tough place to build a perennial women’s soccer winner too. And they did it before Pitt and even cherry picked the elite AA/All conference level player performers out of western PA. Now Pitt gets those players.

While Waldrum’s success is beyond anything anyone could have predicted, I don’t think you can say Pitt is at Penn State’s level (or UNC or FSU or any of the elites in WSOC). They are going to need a long, sustained run of success on the field and nab multiple USYNT players each year to run in those circles.

Reactions: jctrack and Fk_Pitt
Ranked 3rd in the preseason Top Drawer soccer rankings. And 3rd in the ACC behind Florida State and Stanford.

They have Sarah Schupansky ranked as the 6th best player in college soccer.

Season opener tomorrow at Georgia.

star-wars-darth-vader.gif

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Was just told chelsea are hijcking the Guehi deal to New Castle and you might get Chalobah or Carney in return.
Chris Richards > Chalobah, after must discussion with piers and research, I am finally committing to being a Palace fan this season

Was just told chelsea are hijcking the Guehi deal to New Castle and you might get Chalobah or Carney in return.

really seeing the stripes of these NU fans. they really are quite delusional and total a##holes. they went from being funny and humble pre-saudi ownership to just awful people. "just give him to us. stop trying to drive up the price."

crazy comments in social media. maguire went for 85m and fofana for 70m. why would we accept anything less than that?

Chris Richards > Chalobah, after must discussion with piers and research, I am finally committing to being a Palace fan this season

i don't think you know what you're getting yourself into.

As someone who has watched both, I prefer Chalobah over Richards. Different players though. Chalobah gets forward, can play out wide and even has played at the 6. Personally I think Chelsea is doing him dirty. But that what happens with new managers. Every guy who has worn the captains arm band seems to be gone or on the outs. Mount, Jorginho, Silva, Chalobah, Gallagher, Chillwell. I’m guess it’s Enzo’s team now. Yep the guy who thought it was funny recording his Argentinian teams offensive singing. What a pleasure it has been being a chelsea fan.

I'm a pitt fan, I'll be fine

you've been well trained. ted lasso was filmed at CP's stadium, so we've got that going for us.

palace has never won anything (and probably never will). nonetheless, 25k fans show up to every game and are as passionate as you'll find. located in the dumpy part of london (south london). no glory chasers in the fan base, unlike that bum @Fk_Pitt

• Haha
Reactions: 121rum and Fk_Pitt
As someone who has watched both, I prefer Chalobah over Richards. Different players though. Chalobah gets forward, can play out wide and even has played at the 6. Personally I think Chelsea is doing him dirty. But that what happens with new managers. Every guy who has worn the captains arm band seems to be gone or on the outs. Mount, Jorginho, Silva, Chalobah, Gallagher, Chillwell. I’m guess it’s Enzo’s team now. Yep the guy who thought it was funny recording his Argentinian teams offensive singing. What a pleasure it has been being a chelsea fan.

i don't watch chelsea regularly so i have no opinion on chalobah. but yes, managers changing every year doesn't help a player. so who knows what he's capable of.

richards didn't play a lot under roy. so again, wasn't really sure what he had in him. glasner switched to mostly 3 at the back at times. he's played on the wing and centrally. has been solid, not spectactular. gets forward better than our other wingers. the defense really stepped up under glasner (and everyone else in the club). defenders had a lot of injuries last year but everyone is healthy right now - we'll see if he starts on sunday.

i don't watch chelsea regularly so i have no opinion on chalobah. but yes, managers changing every year doesn't help a player. so who knows what he's capable of.

richards didn't play a lot under roy. so again, wasn't really sure what he had in him. glasner switched to mostly 3 at the back at times. he's played on the wing and centrally. has been solid, not spectactular. gets forward better than our other wingers. the defense really stepped up under glasner (and everyone else in the club). defenders had a lot of injuries last year but everyone is healthy right now - we'll see if he starts on sunday.
I'm confused, I'm pretty sure Richards is a CB, not a winger. Unless you're using different terminology

Man, this team is impressive. It’s really cool to see Pitt involved in one of these top 15 opening weekend matchups. Still 0-0 midway through the first half, but Pitt has been the better team and looks every bit of a top 10 team against a top 15 opponent on the road.

Reactions: singregardless
Where did your daughter go?

Where did your daughter go?
Well I hesitate to say on an anonymous message board while wishing to stay anonymous but I’m sure some people here have me figured out. That said, I’ll share that she was recruited at a time that the new staff was trying to dig their way out of the hole that the previous staff had them in, and they had way too much scholarship money tied up with players on the roster and cleaning that up doesn’t happen in one offseason. So the package offered wasn’t where other schools were. But she was close to taking a hometown discount. Lol. The only other P5 offer was WVU. The rest of the schools were A10, Big East, Conference USA, Big South and MAC.

Reactions: jctrack and vkj91
Well I hesitate to say on an anonymous message board while wishing to stay anonymous but I’m sure some people here have me figured out. That said, I’ll share that she was recruited at a time that the new staff was trying to dig their way out of the hole that the previous staff had them in, and they had way too much scholarship money tied up with players on the roster and cleaning that up doesn’t happen in one offseason. So the package offered wasn’t where other schools were. But she was close to taking a hometown discount. Lol. The only other P5 offer was WVU. The rest of the schools were A10, Big East, Conference USA, Big South and MAC.
Thanks. Fully appreciate the staying anonymous concerns

today's game was quintessential palace - eze scores a worldy goal only to have it disallowed for....reasons. whistle before the play so can't challenge.

then we score another that's called back for off-sides. it was close and VAR wasn't used...for reasons. the result - we lose by 1 goal.

welcome to palace!

it's wild how the big clubs have eze staring them right in the face every week and they're concerned about attacking players coming from crap leagues.
I liked what I saw out of Chelsea today. We had a pretty strong lineup out there and the style of play was fun. Of course it’s always fun vs City because they don’t put bodies behind the ball like half the Prem does vs us. Once we see one of those teams it will probably be death by 5000 passes.

We had our chances vs City, had a goal waved off and overall wasn’t bad. But Haaland was Haaland. He made Cucurella look like a school boy…and then Kovacic scored a late goal by dancing around Caicedo (not sure how that happens) and then Kovy beat our eventual backup keeper.

Not sure how we can spend 15 billion dollars and not have a world class #9. Our #9 had an easy tap in goal today waved off because he was too lazy to move 4 inches and get himself inside.

On to the next one. I think an exciting Conference League preliminary game is upcoming. Gonna have to check the tv listings for that one. Maybe via cable access or something. Lol.

Beat Duquesne 2-1
I saw that. I looked at the box scores and found myself wondering how a few of those Duquesne players would look in a Pitt uniform. A couple of them, well one in particular, was every bit the high school player that Shupansky was.

I liked what I saw out of Chelsea today. We had a pretty strong lineup out there and the style of play was fun. Of course it’s always fun vs City because they don’t put bodies behind the ball like half the Prem does vs us. Once we see one of those teams it will probably be death by 5000 passes.

We had our chances vs City, had a goal waved off and overall wasn’t bad. But Haaland was Haaland. He made Cucurella look like a school boy…and then Kovacic scored a late goal by dancing around Caicedo (not sure how that happens) and then Kovy beat our eventual backup keeper.

Not sure how we can spend 15 billion dollars and not have a world class #9. Our #9 had an easy tap in goal today waved off because he was too lazy to move 4 inches and get himself inside.

On to the next one. I think an exciting Conference League preliminary game is upcoming. Gonna have to check the tv listings for that one. Maybe via cable access or something. Lol.

i watched most of the game. that goal by haaland was pretty ridiculous. i mean, you can't let him bully 2 of your guys in the box like that but then again, he seemingly does it every week.

it was a decent showing for chelsea. they weren't totally outclassed. hard to beat a team who's healthy and humming along with the same players and coaches for years.

re: #9 - you realize that lukaku is still a chelsea player. let the man cook!! (just kidding - i'm not a fan of his at all).

i watched most of the game. that goal by haaland was pretty ridiculous. i mean, you can't let him bully 2 of your guys in the box like that but then again, he seemingly does it every week.

it was a decent showing for chelsea. they weren't totally outclassed. hard to beat a team who's healthy and humming along with the same players and coaches for years.

re: #9 - you realize that lukaku is still a chelsea player. let the man cook!! (just kidding - i'm not a fan of his at all).
Hoping this gets done.

is chelsea paying partial wages? i thought the issue with an official transfer is that no one in italy (or elsewhere) is willing to pay his full wages.
Probably. This new ownership group has really got wages under control. Lukaku remains. Chilly(chillwell) and sterling too. I hate to see Chilly go but he’s had too many injuries for the wages he earns.

Probably. This new ownership group has really got wages under control. Lukaku remains. Chilly(chillwell) and sterling too. I hate to see Chilly go but he’s had too many injuries for the wages he earns.

does sterling even play? i don't remember seeing him against MC, or a whole lot last year. albeit chelsea isn't a mandatory watch for me.

does sterling even play? i don't remember seeing him against MC, or a whole lot last year. albeit chelsea isn't a mandatory watch for me.
For the record, I HATED the Sterling acquisition. He wasn’t good enough to start in the champions league final for MC vs Chelsea, and then we went and took him off their hands for a big fee. But he’s played for us and was a primary starter. But now, he’s older, expendable and can still bring a fee in return. The Manager left him off the game day squad yesterday and his agent put out a press release about it as though he’s Christiano Ronaldo. Lol. So he’s not in our plans, nor should he be.

I was never a big fan, but he has handled himself with class while at Chelsea. But it’s time. And in my opinion he should have never been here.

For the record, I HATED the Sterling acquisition. He wasn’t good enough to start in the champions league final for MC vs Chelsea, and then we went and took him off their hands for a big fee. But he’s played for us and was a primary starter. But now, he’s older, expendable and can still bring a fee in return. The Manager left him off the game day squad yesterday and his agent put out a press release about it as though he’s Christiano Ronaldo. Lol. So he’s not in our plans, nor should he be.

I was never a big fan, but he has handled himself with class while at Chelsea. But it’s time. And in my opinion he should have never been here.

i just heard that he was told to find another club. no idea if it's true.

i thought he was massively overrated at LP but pep turned him into a real soccer player - i always thought he was more athlete than soccer player. chelsea buying when he was in decline was ridiculous, even by their standards. but he did a job for awhile. not champions league level, which was their expectation.

but who's going to pay a fee for him at this point? does he end up at forest for 8m or something like that? does he want to do that? they can't afford his wages so again, is chelsea going to pay a portion of his wages?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT