ADVERTISEMENT

Places to Watch Saturday

121rum

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know of bars or places that are opening early or doing watch parties for the Netherlands game in the city

Does anyone know of bars or places that are opening early or doing watch parties for the Netherlands game in the city
In Pittsburgh???? Lol.

If you find one, I’d be shocked.

I heard William Penn Tavern (now in Lawrenceville not Shadyside btw) is opening at 8:30

There have been plenty of watches for the first frew games and people have been posting events on Facebook if you look around. The most popular places have been at Bulldog in Morningside and Mike's Beer Bar near PNC Park which is the official American Outlaws watch.

I've been going to Leos on the Northside. It has the old bartender from Pipers and some of the Pipers atmosphere.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt and 121rum
Primanti’s in Oakland is opening at 9:30.
So a couple years ago for the womens World Cup, Archie’s on Carson St was advertising a watch party for the game. We went there because Pipers was full. Well Archie’s ended up being empty so we watched from Primanti’ a few doors down and it was pretty good.

I only say this because Archie’s is advertising again, and I’m not saying there won’t be a crowd tomorrow, but in case anyone is thinking about it, be prepared for it to be a dud.

I got an email from US Soccer about watch parties. There are none in Western or Central PA (really Hershey?) but there's one in the futbol hotbed of Central WV

So a couple years ago for the womens World Cup, Archie’s on Carson St was advertising a watch party for the game. We went there because Pipers was full. Well Archie’s ended up being empty so we watched from Primanti’ a few doors down and it was pretty good.

I only say this because Archie’s is advertising again, and I’m not saying there won’t be a crowd tomorrow, but in case anyone is thinking about it, be prepared for it to be a dud.
Back when Pipers was open I always heard that the Southside Primantis had a great atmosphere because it got the overflow crowd once Pipers was at capacity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT