ADVERTISEMENT

Plays I remember and comments

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
1 - Stocker missed a chance at an INT that would have been big if it led to points at the end of the half.
2 - 3rd and 14 converted by a pass behind the line into the flat (unable to defend the flat all day)
3 - 3rd and 17 converted on a parachute to the sideline with no one in the zip code
4 - 3rd and 9 and we jump off sides
5 - Renyolds and Folston held on the same play with no call
6 - Jackson held on the TD run with no call
7 - KO out of bounds after every other kick a touch back

Punter is horrible
Situational (and overall) defense is horrible
FFrench needs to be better with ball security (he was lackadaisical against PSU and was stripped but recovered)
We need a TE and we need to throw some passes over the middle
We need to quit playing seniors who are barely (if that) better than their subs: Hendrix, Roy, Zeise, Wirginis (sacrilege), Motley, Briggs.
We need to find some safeties.

We will be worse next season Ollison, Hall, Lopes, OL gone, not a lot of players to be optimistic about moving forward. I like Pickett and Mack on offense. Of those who are playing, I like Weaver, Brightwell and Jackson on defense. Anybody else?

Last edited:
1 - Stocker missed a chance at an INT that would have been big if it led to points at the end of the half.
2 - 3rd and 14 converted by a pass behind the line into the flat (unable to defend the flat all day)
3 - 3rd and 17 converted on a parachute to the sideline with no one in the zip code

Punter is horrible
FFrench needs to be better with ball security (he was lackadaisical against PSU and was stripped but recovered)
We need to quit playing seniors who are barely (if that) better than there subs: Hendrix, Roy, Zeise, Wirginis (sacrilege), Motley, Briggs.

We will be worse next season Ollison, Hall, Lopes, OL gone, not a lot of players to be optimistic about moving forward. I like Pickett and Mack on offense. Of those who are playing, I like Weaver, Brightwell and Jackson on defense. Anybody else?

Lopez is no big loss, and we can only hope we have a new coach that allows Ford to be a playmaker. As far as line goes move Bookster to Gaurd and Houy start at Tackle. Get the young guys experience already.

Punter is horrible
We need to quit playing seniors who are barely (if that) better than there subs: Hendrix, Roy, Zeise, Wirginis (sacrilege), Motley, Briggs.

One more play - Tipton had the fumble by Ffrench hit him in the hand and could not secure it.

In retrospect the missed INT at the end of the half was a huge play.

Of course it was, but it was not the reason for the loss. He at least made a play on the ball. Something Hamlin never does.

Punter is horrible
We need to quit playing seniors who are barely (if that) better than their subs: Hendrix, Roy, Zeise, Wirginis (sacrilege), Motley, Briggs.

Any of us schmos could have made that pick, walked into the endzone and put Pitt up 14 at the half.
Sum total of all the plays you listed - Pitt being Pitt. Same stupid crap we have been tortured by for decades.

Reactions: gary2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT