ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Will Hinson break Pitt single season scoring record?

Will Blake Hinson become Pitt’s single season scoring leader?

• Yes

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 62.1%

• Total voters

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
Sam Young is the current leader with 690 points in 36 games (19.16 per game). If it wasn’t Hinsons team before, he is certainly going to be given more shots now that Dior is gone. He has range and confidence. Maybe a little better conditioned. Does he really go off this year like in Spain?

He averaged 15 ppg last year, so getting to 20 is a significant jump, but there’s a possibility.

Hinson was not good at creating his own shot and was a mediocre-at-best finisher around the rim. I think if he’s improved in those two areas, then there’s a chance. But we still mostly NEED him to stretch the floor and hit bombs from deep. How that translates in ppg is an interesting thought.

I think 20th is certainly attainable for Hinson, but hopefully it’s not a volume 20 a game like Artis that one year.

Sam Young is the current leader with 690 points in 36 games (19.16 per game). If it wasn’t Hinsons team before, he is certainly going to be given more shots now that Dior is gone. He has range and confidence. Maybe a little better conditioned. Does he really go off this year like in Spain?
Well he might score 20 plus a game, but I doubt he plays 36 or more games.

Reactions: Franb
So after 2 games, he is averaging about 19 ppg. His offense may be needed more than initially thought with Austin and Lowe off to slow offensive starts. I think he will have a few games in the 30s this year.

So after 9 games, he is averaging 21.44. The limiting factor is that they likely won’t have enough games unless they make tourney.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT