ADVERTISEMENT

Possibility being overlooked

hilltoppanther

Freshman
Jun 28, 2001
Johnstown
I keep reading how Pitt squabbling over the buy out makes them look bad. What if Heather Lyke already has her guy and she is just trying to save some money on the front end.

What if there is more to the Louisville story than we know? What if there were other incidents that we are not aware of? I am hearing Stallings blew off a meeting with Lyke after Louisville game in question.

Also, there are so many conflicting stories and sources. Zeise says Fillaponi is lying and vice versa. Who knows what Dunlap knows. We are putting a lot of stock in people that never even mentioned Stallings two years ago until right before he was hired.

Like Zeise said himself, nobody knows anything.

If they're not guessing, they're leaking information from sources who
1. Are guessing themselves and want to feel important
2. Have an agenda

Just take it as background noise, and enjoy it or ignore it.

Reactions: Tbro34
To be a journalist used to mean being someone who let their readers know what was happening. Journalism has devolved into speculation mongering. All these people are disgraceful and lack anything resembling moral character and ethics. Also, frankly most of them write on a sub-standard level and lack intelligence and real insight on the topics that they comment on when they do provide commentary.

If they're not guessing, they're leaking information from sources who
1. Are guessing themselves and want to feel important
2. Have an agenda

Just take it as background noise, and enjoy it or ignore it.
They are repeating internet and Twitter rumors

Because they have no actual information and are too lazy to investigate

To be a journalist used to mean being someone who let their readers know what was happening. Journalism has devolved into speculation mongering. All these people are disgraceful and lack anything resembling moral character and ethics. Also, frankly most of them write on a sub-standard level and lack intelligence and real insight on the topics that they comment on when they do provide commentary.

Eh, having read a lot of sports history books, these clowns have always been around, going back to the "golden era" of sports journalism in the 1920s-40s. Lots of yellow journalist hacks and outright bigots in those days. They weren't all Ring Lardner, Hugh Fullerton, and Grantland Rice. They just have the internet now.

I tend to agree. Hopefully there has been many people screened and the ultimate person has been selected and terms agreed too.
Way too much drama over the firing and process on the board because of the passion ( for and against Pitt) on posters. However some history to suggest the process is flawed, but I give HL the benefit of the doubt that she has been able to get the required comittment to hire a quality ligitmate coach. If Pitt again hires an obvious dud as opposed to riding out with KS then you have your ultimate answer regarding the commitment the University has to participating in the ACC

Real journalists investigate, gather accurate information, develope story lines, report those story lines, and draw and report conclusions based on facts and accurate information.
Most journalists today practise opinion news reporting.

To be fair there is a division of labor between our sports writers locally. Someone like Ron Cook is indeed paid to give his opinion (which seems like the worst investment since the Maginot Line.)

But Craig Meyer is paid to be a journalist, and I think he does a decent job of it. His recent piece on Parker Stewart was very good.

To be fair there is a division of labor between our sports writers locally. Someone like Ron Cook is indeed paid to give his opinion (which seems like the worst investment since the Maginot Line.)

But Craig Meyer is paid to be a journalist, and I think he does a decent job of it. His recent piece on Parker Stewart was very good.
Ron Cook is to sports journalism what a fat pimpled ass is to a silk thong.

Real journalists investigate, gather accurate information, develope story lines, report those story lines, and draw and report conclusions based on facts and accurate information.
Most journalists today practise opinion news reporting.
I love how people say this stuff like it's a fact. It's like saying real lawyers handle criminal cases, as opposed to the many fields of law. Or real writers only write non-fiction.

I keep reading how Pitt squabbling over the buy out makes them look bad. What if Heather Lyke already has her guy and she is just trying to save some money on the front end.

What if there is more to the Louisville story than we know? What if there were other incidents that we are not aware of? I am hearing Stallings blew off a meeting with Lyke after Louisville game in question.

Also, there are so many conflicting stories and sources. Zeise says Fillaponi is lying and vice versa. Who knows what Dunlap knows. We are putting a lot of stock in people that never even mentioned Stallings two years ago until right before he was hired.

Like Zeise said himself, nobody knows anything.
Reporters are largely butt holes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT