ADVERTISEMENT

PSN reporting PItt DT verbal in a world of trouble

oldpanther

Sophomore
Sep 8, 2001
greensburg pa
per Vuk, verbal T. Brown from Fla. charged with felony, read PSN account if younwant to know the charges. I don’t want to repeat the exact charges for it is PSN story and I have not direct info.

WOW.

What he allegedly did sounds pretty bad. He had such an amazing gift given to him and it looks like he just threw it away. Why?

Last edited:
Reactions: hailtopitt25
Maybe he will get a good lawyer, get out of trouble and head on up! That's what I hope, if he is a very good player.

Good job whoever started this thread congrats

It’s obviously become troll bait and damned if they didn’t take it immediately

Troll alert

Why former? Is he guilty?

I say former because the 1st school in these cases generally always pull the scholarship. It is the 2nd school that offers a 2nd chance where these players always end up. Has there ever been a situation where circumstances like this, where the player still went to the school he originally committed to? I cannot remember one. I don't follow it closely recruiting close enough and don't care enough about the topic to remember to be 100% certain. If it has happened please let me know.

If you get charged with a crime especially a felony/ a violent felony these days its enough for sports teams pro and college to cut ties with a player.

Especially if there's overwhelming evidence like witnesses or video.

When did any sports franchise ( pro or college) hang on to a player until the end of a trial when the player is involved in activity that could result in a felony conviction.
Never.

At a minimum it shows poor judgement so if its not this it'll be something else!

Troll alert
Troll alert?

Four Palm Beach Gardens High School students - including one of Palm Beach County’s top high school players - jumped a man outside the Walmart Supercenter in Lake Park last week and pointed a gun in his face before throwing him out of a moving SUV, authorities allege.

Timothy Brown of Riviera Beach, who turned 18 last month, is a defensive tackle who has committed to play at the University of Pittsburgh. He is charged with robbery, felony battery and kidnapping during a felony. He was booked late Friday at the Palm Beach County Jail and is now on house arrest.

Reactions: PittFamily2

Troll alert
This situation was discussed extensively on the pay board. Troll alert????
It is a news report of a serious and extremely disturbing situation.
Speculation on this kid's future with the University is legit and spot on.
Pitt has cut ties with prospective recruits in the past for far less than what is alleged here.

Troll alert, indeed! :rolleyes:

Come on there was a news article linked on this thread, they got into specifics. Let's not act like our counterparts to the east and deny reality.
The point is you’ve got trolls on here trying to taint Pitt on a player who hasn’t played a single down at Pitt ... it’s a situation that literally happens with all programs... that IS reality

Troll alert?

Four Palm Beach Gardens High School students - including one of Palm Beach County’s top high school players - jumped a man outside the Walmart Supercenter in Lake Park last week and pointed a gun in his face before throwing him out of a moving SUV, authorities allege.

Timothy Brown of Riviera Beach, who turned 18 last month, is a defensive tackle who has committed to play at the University of Pittsburgh. He is charged with robbery, felony battery and kidnapping during a felony. He was booked late Friday at the Palm Beach County Jail and is now on house arrest.

The troll alert isn’t a denial of the story itself

It’s the follow up posts that are trolls

Jesus

The point is you’ve got trolls on here trying to taint Pitt on a player who hasn’t played a single down at Pitt ... it’s a situation that literally happens with all programs... that IS reality

This isn't reality for most/any D1 P5 programs.
You're saying the average recruit is doing stuff like this in his spare time??

Any program would cut ties with the recruit at this time.

Can you imagine trying to sell other recruits on PITT and PITT thinks its ok to have this kid in the class.
PITT has cut ties and cut players for much less than this. DUI, possession of pot, drug use.
From the reports there's no much speculation about the recruits participation in the illegal activity.

If you're referring to the quote from Narduzzi that character always wins, it may have been an attempt at trolling, who knows, but the quote is accurate.

If Pitt recruited this kid AFTER this incident, then it would be hypocritical. If they move on, which will almost certainly be the case, it isn't. He wasn't an accused felon when Pitt recruited him. He'll never play a down at Pitt, or anywhere else more than likely.

Everyone with a brain realizes this.

This is not an isolated act of indiscretion. If anything, a committed recruit should be thinking twice about everything because of what's at stake. We don't need to be Last Chance U or even Second Chance U. Good luck to the young man getting his life straightened out. HCPN needs to cut bait on this one.

This situation was discussed extensively on the pay board. Troll alert????
It is a news report of a serious and extremely disturbing situation.
Speculation on this kid's future with the University is legit and spot on.
Pitt has cut ties with prospective recruits in the past for far less than what is alleged here.

Troll alert, indeed! :rolleyes:
Again, just typical Nitter leaning, yinzer media finding another way to criticize and be negative about Pitt! I bet they couldn't wait to run this story. Yet, I am sure one of our guys got an A on a test and you don't see them reporting on this. Typical Nitter local media!

How was that?

Can you imagine trying to sell other recruits on PITT and PITT thinks its ok to have this kid in the class.
PITT has cut ties and cut players for much less than this. DUI, possession of pot, drug use.
From the reports there's no much speculation about the recruits participation in the illegal activity.
I’m saying ( and this isn’t complicated) virtually every program has to deal with problems like this... is it all the time? No... is it all recruits? No... of course not...should Pitt cut ties? Yes.

I’m also saying cut ties...

My problem is the trolling going on within the thread itself which if you look for two seconds is obvious.

Not true, I will let the law process play out myself

If true...what an idiot to blow his future. I said when he gave his verbal that he is a big time talent as an athletic DT. His film reminds me a lot of Camp.

Just sad, sad, sad, What was in this kid's head? If this turns out to be true, how heartbreaking. A felony kidnapping with a gun? This is potential serious jail time and he won't be playing football for anyone. Man, this was a chance to get away from hometown distractions and temptations and get a new start. Gone with the wind. Just sad.

Troll alert
I started this thread for it is news regarding a PItt verbal, PSN had the story and news people in South Florida have published info describing the alleged incident. No congrats needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT