ADVERTISEMENT

PSU removed Sandusky's name from the list of "All-time Nittany Lion Assistants" in its media guide

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ons-media-guide-yearbook/stories/201609140192

Penn-State-Sandusky-Media-Guide-1.jpg

Just have to laugh. They want people to forget he ever existed. (Despite being the architect of their two national championship defenses).

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I mean, if they were going to remove it eventually, why they'd wait until now? Might as well have done it in 2012.

He's just as deserving of mention as Joe Paterno and the other Paterno assistants are.

How much difference is there between the child molester and the person(s) who could've stopped him but chose not to?

Last edited:
My question is why the Post Gazette has a story on this now, when according to the story this was done in 2012.

Maybe they'll host him at the Big Beave on Saturday under a work release arrangement- only appropriate he be at the Beav for the big Joe rat face celebration since he contributed so significantly to the rat face's success.

I don't think they should ever remove it. It's like erasing reality. I never liked the concept of vacating wins, because the games really happened. IMO his name should be there, not to honor him, just to BE REAL. Taking his name out is like not having Hitler on the list of German Leaders. It's pretend, not reality. If you don't like it, find a "safe space".

I don't think they should ever remove it. It's like erasing reality. I never liked the concept of vacating wins, because the games really happened. IMO his name should be there, not to honor him, just to BE REAL. Taking his name out is like not having Hitler on the list of German Leaders. It's pretend, not reality. If you don't like it, find a "safe space".
I heard when the honor the piece of shit Joe Pa the crowd will stand and look the other way!!!!!

I heard when the honor the piece of shit Joe Pa the crowd will stand and look the other way!!!!!
Leaving his name on this list is not looking the other way or honoring him, it's not being afraid to accept reality.

The wins that should be removed are the ones where he "coached from the press box," which is a nice way of saying, "sat there half awake while the assistants did all of the work."

So their national titles never happened either?

Both of their MNC's occurred with Jerry Sandusky serving in a prominent role on the staff as the DC. So they're certainly nothing for any reasonable person with an iota of a conscience to be proud of, that's for sure! :(

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ons-media-guide-yearbook/stories/201609140192

Penn-State-Sandusky-Media-Guide-1.jpg

Just have to laugh. They want people to forget he ever existed. (Despite being the architect of their two national championship defenses).
Hmmmnnnn, if Sandusky Name & Mural has been removed as if it never existed, then shouldn't some wins be vacated too, or does this mean the Statue never comes back, or is it limited to just convicted PSU Alumni?

Again, I have my opinions and respect others that differ but this part of the dilemma I have been talking about quite awhile in how Penn State cannot heal if has the Will to remember part of 1963-2011 Penn State football Era that includes Sandusky Playing and then Coaching and Paterno's tenures, accomplishments, and legacies too?

Sandusky is still an Annuitant Retirement Coach & Professor from Penn state and given Taxpayers Dollars Pension too?

LINK;
https://jmmyw.wordpress.com/2014/11/06/sandusky-bio-and-list-of-achievements-awards/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT