ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Ft Wayne observations

Yik9990

Prep
Aug 2, 2022
watched some highlights where they beat Depaul:

they've only lost 1 game overall.

- they're not big: one of their top scorers is a 5'8" guard and the tallest player that gets minutes is 6'8".
- but all their guards are experienced - the 5'8" guy nails 3s and they have a 6'5" guy with some muscle and burst. overall, they have 4 guys averaging 10+ ppg
- the 6'8" guy i mentioned looks way stronger than Fede or GDG, so i think he'll have plenty of opportunities to lean into those guys and get rim looks
- the guards like i mentioned are all Js or Ss mostly and several have had accolades at the lower D1 levels. so obviously our guards have more talent but older, stronger guards are kryptonite to freshman guards in general

should be a good competitive game let's hope we close out on shooters and that our post height helps more than the lack of post strength hurts

Reactions: FireballZ
Currently Q2 at 72 though you would think their NET will drop significantly unless they run through the Horizon League with only 2 or 3 losses which seems unlikely. They may be the best team in the Horizon, I dont know, but hopefully we beat them and they go onto to have a great season in their league and finish in the Top 75 to give us a Q2.

For those unaware, this used to be Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne or IPFW. Indiana and Purdue decided to separate these ventures so now there is a very small IU-Fort Wayne next door to the larger Purdue-Fort Wayne. Same thing happening to IUPUI. Will become IU-Indianapolis next year. Purdue will retain a few buildings but it will not be a separate school from West Lafayette. I believe Purdue will just use their Indianapolis buildings the same way Robert Morris used their Pittsburgh building.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT