ADVERTISEMENT

QB 2024

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
No one really knows which direction PN will go in . Will it be Veillaux, Yarnell, transfer portal addition , TD or Julian Dugger. I would think the starter will be CV or an addition from the portal. No matter who the oc is it is essentail that the portal addition is a running threat . Perhaps someone who could augment CV long ball threat. I forget who it was but one opposing coach this year basically said that all of Pitt qbs basically are clones in that tgey are drop back passers with limited mobility. I have only seen tape of Dugger but he appears to run it very well and he is physical runner who isnt called upon to throw much. Qbs who can advance the ball with their feet -especially without a stellar pass blocking lin, is essential in modern day football. Thoughts,

Been mentioned in previous posts that the frosh Dugger has excellent straightline speed but not quite twitchy enough to escape trouble at a higher level of football. Arm strength is there. Accuracy not so much but at least he’s working on mechanics with a coach…until he gets to Pitt and Pitt’s idea of QB development.

No one really knows which direction PN will go in . Will it be Veillaux, Yarnell, transfer portal addition , TD or Julian Dugger. I would think the starter will be CV or an addition from the portal. No matter who the oc is it is essentail that the portal addition is a running threat . Perhaps someone who could augment CV long ball threat. I forget who it was but one opposing coach this year basically said that all of Pitt qbs basically are clones in that tgey are drop back passers with limited mobility. I have only seen tape of Dugger but he appears to run it very well and he is physical runner who isnt called upon to throw much. Qbs who can advance the ball with their feet -especially without a stellar pass blocking lin, is essential in modern day football. Thoughts,
Agree completely. We keep bringing in these 6-5 drop-back passers. At our level in the recruiting world, we absolutely need a QB who can pick up a couple first downs a game with their legs. I’m talking scramble ability, not QB running plays.

Duzz is maddening. He knows a team with a QB who can run is the toughest to defend, but he keeps bringing in OCs who prefer the stationary, drop-back passer types…

Go Pitt.

Reactions: sonofabit
Agree completely. We keep bringing in these 6-5 drop-back passers. At our level in the recruiting world, we absolutely need a QB who can pick up a couple first downs a game with their legs. I’m talking scramble ability, not QB running plays.

Duzz is maddening. He knows a team with a QB who can run is the toughest to defend, but he keeps bringing in OCs who prefer the stationary, drop-back passer types…

Go Pitt.
Phil could run it. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT