ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts

Poonugget_ACC

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2012
It is very nice to finally have some depth on the roster. They are not all big time stars but this team can finally roll out some players where you don’t feel like it will be a miracle to keep it close.

I still think this team will go as X goes, especially against better competition. I like Femi but I don’t think he is at the point yet where this team can afford to go without X for long stretches or a full game.

Big John finally looked like things were slowing down for him and he obviously flashed. It has been so long since I have seen a big man in a Pitt uniform duck in and seal of an opposing big man, catch the ball, and score a bucket.

speaking of that, Femi made a great entry pass to big John for an easy bucket when he had his man sealed in the paint.

I really hope Horton can start to gain confidence and consistency in his shot. It will open up so many things for this team offensively. Very happy for him to hit those shots in the second half.

I am excited to see how Nike fits in as he gets in game shape and comfortable playing with these guys. He seems like a nice player to be able to bring off of the bench. A guy who can potentially add a spark if things are not going well.

I have to admit, I was nervous when Capel had 4 freshman on the court at the same time, but these guys continue to impress.

I like Femi as a prospect and I really think before his time is done, he’s going to be a pain for other teams. I think he’s going to turn into a problem for people defensively. His length is awesome. One concern I have on the defensive end is sometimes he plays too upright and it allows guys to beat him off of the bounce.

Jeffress is very impressive for such a young player. It’s just hard to watch him and hear about his work ethic and think he’s not going to be special. Playing in the ACC at 17 and looking like you belong is so impressive to me.

Noah Collier has length and athleticism and I think he’s going to provide good minutes this year. I also think there is going to be a game where he scores about 10 points and it will help this team win. People will wonder where it came from. I will be interested to see how he develops because I think he has a high ceiling.

Big John is one of my favorite prospects. He’s got the size, the feet, the hands, and touch. He needs to continue to get in better shape and as the game slows down for him, I really think he’s going to turn into a double double machine.

Everyone knows about Champ and Toney. Love those guys to death.

I am so impressed at how much better offensively Toney has become. When he was a freshman, there were games where he couldn’t come close to scoring and now he’s pretty efficient and just so steady.

Champs game speaks for itself. Those 20/20 efforts were so much fun to watch.

Coulibaly is a guy who feels like he will never be a star but he’s going to be a really good 4 year program big man. He has that old man YMCA type of game and he plays so hard.

Terrell Brown has played a lot of basketball here, but this role feels right for him. 3rd center off of the bench who can hopefully come in and play hard, protect the rim, and hustle. If not, back to the bench you go.

I feel bad for Drumgoole and I don’t want to write him off, but it just feels like a transfer could be coming down the road for him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News