ADVERTISEMENT

Real question

Steve_H2P

Walk-on
Aug 9, 2016
What a great weekend for Pitt! Looks like some good players are coming in!
But my question is, do you all think they sign on LOI day?
On last podcast I listen to, Chris stated that every year they lost at least one recruit. Or the first one to commit signed else where.

Ps. I’m not trying to be negative, just hoping they all sign!

If miami offers any of those kids from that area, they will probably flip. Same goes for Auburn or Alabama if they are from Alabama. But can't blame them for wanting to play for home school

January is HCPN time to poach verbally committed players from other teams.

What a great weekend for Pitt! Looks like some good players are coming in!
But my question is, do you all think they sign on LOI day?
On last podcast I listen to, Chris stated that every year they lost at least one recruit. Or the first one to commit signed else where.

Ps. I’m not trying to be negative, just hoping they all sign!

January is HCPN time to poach verbally committed players from other teams.
Seriously, there's a good chance they lose at least one kid from this group. General Human Nature, and the kind of emotion and wave that built yesterday. Just got to be aware and not be caught off-guard if it does happen.
But to your point during his tenure here du's has flipped MANY more than what he has lost. In fact I think that there's a good chance they slow down a bit now like he normally does, hold tight to his and keep evaluate and targeting, and that'll include other teams commits.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Because those schools will all start looking at Pitt signees and target them?
The sky IS falling... hopefully on top of your noggin
Not saying they will or won't. But often late in the process they will offer positions of need when they strike out. They might look for lower level players like Penn State did with Kevin Givens a few years back. Pitt has kept onto a few of these players like french and Macvittie when they were offered late, but it does happen. Also no need to be an ass.

Not saying they will or won't. But often late in the process they will offer positions of need when they strike out. They might look for lower level players like Penn State did with Kevin Givens a few years back. Pitt has kept onto a few of these players like french and Macvittie when they were offered late, but it does happen. Also no need to be an ass.

Miami would never be interested in the Smith. The DT I could see because they played undersized gap shooters last year. But it looks like he worked out for the Miami coaches trying to get an offer. So I'm guessing they have probably seen enough of him and decided to pass.
BUT, one thing that has kind of changed this dynamic, is the December early signing day. We saw that with teams last year. Teams completely reset their board when they knew higher ranked targets were gone and signed to somebody else. Couple of things fall through on their board after December, could I see them circling back around if Kancey doesn't sign in December? Maybe.

Reactions: Jpripper88
BUT, one thing that has kind of changed this dynamic, is the December early signing day. We saw that with teams last year. Teams completely reset their board when they knew higher ranked targets were gone and signed to somebody else. Couple of things fall through on their board after December, could I see them circling back around if Kancey doesn't sign in December? Maybe.

I'm guessing offers get pulled if a kid doesn't sign in December.

Wonder how many recruits leave Ped st after they shit the bed once Barkley is gone. Under a 1st time offensive coordinator.

Ped st will lose more recruits than Pitt after their season.

Wonder how many recruits leave Ped st after they shit the bed once Barkley is gone. Under a 1st time offensive coordinator.

Ped st will lose more recruits than Pitt after their season.

None. They might lose recruits, but that's because they are going up against elite programs for them.
But none of those recruits signed up under the requirement that they have a big time season this year. They signed up to play for those elite recruiters that won them over/

None. They might lose recruits, but that's because they are going up against elite programs for them.
But none of those recruits signed up under the requirement that they have a big time season this year. They signed up to play for those elite recruiters that won them over/
Wrong........ they lose 3 or 4 a year. After they shit the bed this year. Probably more

Wrong........ they lose 3 or 4 a year. After they shit the bed this year. Probably more

When you recruit at an elite level like they do, you're going to lose some guys. That's the cost of going up against the Alabama's, Ohio State's, and Clemson's of the world.

All of the top schools lose recruits to one another. That's why they all finish around the same place.

You realized Pitt flipped psu recruits right?

Ridiculous the crap you trolls spew

Th
When you recruit at an elite level like they do, you're going to lose some guys. That's the cost of going up against the Alabama's, Ohio State's, and Clemson's of the world.

All of the top schools lose recruits to one another. That's why they all finish around the same place.
They suck! The only way they recruit the way they do is because they flat out cheat. Wade and others driving around campus in a new Jeep!

Ya ok

It's amazing that something has to be literally true in every circumstance for you to be okay with the statement.
How about:
1. Penn State is going to end up with an elite class.
2. Penn State will lose recruits, everybody does.
3. Penn State losing recruits will have nothing to do with their performance on the field this season.
4. By and large, Penn State is going to lose recruits to elite programs (Fields to UGA last year).

Who? Aaron Matthews from 3 cycles ago? That is the feather in the cap, while PSU has absolutely hammered us in recruiting since and even had a better class (by every measure) that 2016 cycle?

It is no wonder our program can't take a next step when a portion of the fanbase is so damn fine with being mediocre.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT