ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Perception and Momentum

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
not telling anyone something we or the staff don't know but we need that first verbal to get things going. I don't care if its a marginal three star but someone to verbal so that others on the fence do likewise.One leads to another and so on and so forth especially now since the recruiting landscape has changed so much. Many teams- including many opponents and conference foes have over half of their class filled so far so each time we don't get a verbal the pool of top prospects shrinks. Recruits follow these numbers so that have to wonder if no one has verbaled yet. I think the next two weeks will net us a half a dozen or so prospects that we have recruited hard especially in Florida where nine visitors are scheduled in the following weekend. If not we are gonna have to rely on our on the field performance and -despite the strong September schedule and beat the teams we are supposed to and pull an upset along the way.

not telling anyone something we or the staff don't know but we need that first verbal to get things going. I don't care if its a marginal three star but someone to verbal so that others on the fence do likewise.One leads to another and so on and so forth especially now since the recruiting landscape has changed so much. Many teams- including many opponents and conference foes have over half of their class filled so far so each time we don't get a verbal the pool of top prospects shrinks. Recruits follow these numbers so that have to wonder if no one has verbaled yet. I think the next two weeks will net us a half a dozen or so prospects that we have recruited hard especially in Florida where nine visitors are scheduled in the following weekend. If not we are gonna have to rely on our on the field performance and -despite the strong September schedule and beat the teams we are supposed to and pull an upset along the way.
Top prospects don't have to commit early and many don't. Top prospects have so many offers on the table that it's often hard for them to decide where they want to go.

I doubt recruits worry about that. A kid might want to play with certain player or with his boy. Maybe some elite player might garner others’ interest like a QB might for a wideout. But I’d imagine most want to find the best fit for themselves. Sure if Pitt started filling spots it would pressure others that are considering Pitt. But taking marginal players to do that is dumb and it isn’t opening any floodgates.

Top prospects don't have to commit early and many don't. Top prospects have so many offers on the table that it's often hard for them to decide where they want to go.
Check out all the four star prospects that have already verbaled. You are correct many are still out there but we need some momentum.

Reactions: cashisking884
I doubt recruits worry about that. A kid might want to play with certain player or with his boy. Maybe some elite player might garner others’ interest like a QB might for a wideout. But I’d imagine most want to find the best fit for themselves. Sure if Pitt started filling spots it would pressure others that are considering Pitt. But taking marginal players to do that is dumb and it isn’t opening any floodgates.
I didn’t say take marginal players just one with some potential and fits a need position that can be developed to get something started. I got a hunch we will land some decent Florida talent on the next weekend

I'd take a FL 3 star, honestly a FL 2 star over a northeast 4 star any day of the week. Duzz OWNS FL also after his success there over the past 2 seasons. It's all about relationships and the Duzz is one of the best at creating them with these kids. I wouldn't mind if our whole team was from FL. Hell, we play several games there a year anyways it seems. Take them all in. Screw PA and the northeast, and the Midwest.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
I'd take a FL 3 star, honestly a FL 2 star over a northeast 4 star any day of the week. Duzz OWNS FL also after his success there over the past 2 seasons. It's all about relationships and the Duzz is one of the best at creating them with these kids. I wouldn't mind if our whole team was from FL. Hell, we play several games there a year anyways it seems. Take them all in. Screw PA and the northeast, and the Midwest.

Duzz OWNS FL

You serious, Clark?

Duzz OWNS FL

You serious, Clark?

Sincerely who is Pitt in the lead for?

I understand no commits but can someone provide a list of people that Pitt is 50/50 or better.

Also, if anyone is aware, what is our scholarship distribution looking like at the moment? I just saw that we added another grad transfer, are we near the 85 limit if were still adding people?

Reactions: blair10

Trolls can and will be funny from time to time. This is just sad.

Guess I was wrong . We didn't get six this weekend but at last count eight . Great job by the staff and we are still in it for some prospects from the Detriot area and New Jersey among others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT