ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruits react to Pitt's win over GT

RyanDonnelly

Heisman Candidate
Staff
Apr 13, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Pitt hosted conference foe Georgia Tech at Heinz Field on Saturday afternoon, their second game of the ACC schedule in the 2016 season. The Panthers’ sideline was filled not just with the players on Pitt’s roster and their new throwback uniforms, but also a variety of recruiting targets from inside the state of Pennsylvania and beyond.

Unfortunately, many recruits had to miss the game and had their flights canceled due to the circumstances with the weather (Hurricane Matthew canceled plans for 2017 commit Dontavius Butler, 2017 target Connor Heyward, and 2018 target John Morgan, among others), but many more made the trip.

2017 offensive tackle Carter Warren had perhaps the most definitively positive reaction to the game, as the big line target from New Jersey announced his commitment to Pitt while on the sidelines of Heinz Field for an unofficial visit. We’ll be publishing Carter's full reaction to his commitment momentarily, but in the meantime he said he was excited to be on campus and in the family environment.

2018 QB Tadas Tatarunas: “I thought the atmosphere was amazing. When the game went down to the wire the place was wild. I really enjoyed the game and had a great experience at Pitt.”

2018 ATH Isaiah Jones: “I thought the campus was beautiful. Since this was my first time being in Pittsburgh, I had no idea what to expect. But the city was live today and I can assume it is this way every game day.”

2019 WR Corey Thomas: “This was my first game visit as a recruit. It was a very good game, especially late in the 4th quarter. The gameday experience was unique and those uniforms looked really nice. It was a fun atmosphere.”

2018 OL Jake Kradel: “I really enjoyed the day. With each visit you see something different. Great game on both sides of the ball. No one gave up and they got the win.”

2019 WR Rahmon Hart: ““I liked the excitement and the environment at Pitt. I really like the way Pitt uses their skill players on offense.”

2018 DE Malik Vann is slated to talk with Panther-Lair this evening about his visit, but here's his quick reaction from Twitter:

Two 2018 DL prospects with Pitt offers, Josh Walker and Dennis Briggs, also reacted on Twitter, although they didn't make the visit to campus this weekend.

Reactions: evahflow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News