ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding Brandon Ford....

ShadyPantherII

Sophomore
May 12, 2014
In the spirit of consistency, the last staff earned the benefit of the doubt when it came to recruiting offensive lineman and perhaps running backs. This staff, at least in my mind, has that same benefit of the doubt as it relates to defensive backs based on Narduzzi's success w/ that position at MSU and his overall scheme.

As a result, I don't think its unfair to highly question the offer to Ford at this point in time. His tape is, shall we say, unimpressive. His offer sheet is even worse. While I do prefer OL to have a frame like his to add rather than subtract, at this point, there was really no need to offer and subsequently accept his commitment this early. Think Briggs w/ last staff. Obviously, OL are the hardes to evaluate at the HS level, but I'm unsure of the appeal and the seemingly urgency to bring him into the fold. In other words, I'm skeptical.

He's one of those guys that needs to have a really good SR year to further deserve this spot, in my eyes. If he does, that would be worth some goodwill to OL coach Peterson and Narduzzi. If not, he could be a guy that we look back on and think Pitt should've waited a little longer before offering.

Final question: Did former staff offer Ford, too? If so, that deserves some respect as well.

SPII

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News