ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Former Ohio State Signee Ejuan Price? Inside The Coin Flip That Changed His Life, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Excerpt:

Ohio State could have had nine players at this year's NFL Combine had Ejuan Price decided to stay a Buckeye. Maybe that name doesn't even ring a bell anymore because it's been more than five years since Price signed a National Letter of Intent with Ohio State's 2011 recruiting class. But Price, a former four-star outside linebacker of Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills, never officially joined the team. Shortly after signing, he asked Ohio State for his release and transferred to Pittsburgh. "The way life works, I don't really have time to look back," Price told cleveland.com on Saturday. "You don't have time to look in the rearview mirror because stuff is coming at you from the front really fast. But (my life) definitely would have been completely different had I stayed at Ohio State." Price didn't need Ohio State to find the NFL...................
LINK:
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/03/remember_former_ohio_state_sig.html

Who is the media person baiting him on O$U?
It was at the Combines and it is a Cleveland, Ohio based Article, so I assume an Ohio bent on a Pittsburgh Recruit questioning Price that keeps stating Pitt Is It for him, and glad he changed his mind, why, and not a dig at Ohio State, just shows Price was able to play at Pitt and now heading to the NFL.

Ohio State like BAMA dominates Recruiting Every Year since Meyer's arrived. Both have NCS and Top NFL Draft Picks with many Juniors leaving early. Moreover, lose OC-DC Coordinators and Assistant Coaches every year just goes to show how difficult to beat them when Head Coaching is almost Second to None. BAMA & Buckeyes just keep Winning Games, Recruiting Rankings & has Top Programs difficult to overcome. LSU, FSU and Auburn have gotten by them, and Clemson both of them in 2016, but not as often as OSU & BAMA in the last few years.,making it very tough to beat them in anything.

I think it was great the way Price handled it! He never lost focus and just kept saying glad i chose Pitt, just like in the traditions of Fitzgerald, Revis, Donald, Conner, Johnson, Big Biz, Peterman, and Orndoff.

Pitt Teams have by no means been winning as much as the Football Program has been in constant rebuilding Mode dating back to 1989, but the Recruits that have chose Pitt have become some of the NFL Best and right up there with USC, ND, OSU, Michigan, and Alabama and keeping up with excellence in the NFL.

Now Pitt is in the ACC and can develop a Program with financial stability and has the Coach to rebuild Pitt Programs and needs some help with the right Athletic Director and Winning teams will being solid gains in developing the Program Resources. Clemson, TCU, Stanford, Northwestern, Georgia Tech, Duke, UCLA are all Urban Smaller Undergraduate Sizes but Excellent Coaching have been able to develop consistent Winning and Stable Programs and Pitt will do it too. Unlike struggles happening at far bigger Universities being Bottom Feeders more often like Purdue, Rutgers, Iowa State, Kansas, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, and some other far bigger Schools.

Smart Recruits go where they can play right away because this teaches them to learn the Game faster and become Great Pros like Fitz, Revis, McCoy, Donald and Boyd, already proved and still proving with NFL Awards.

In addition, where Coaches stand by you like seen by Conner & Price that are very grateful they chose Pitt!

Unlike being a Top 4 & 5 Star Recruit that ends up standing around holding practice dummies remaining on the 2nd or 3rd Strings and seldom playing at all.

Last edited:
Wasn't the road at Pitt a bit bumpy for Price though? He definitely flourished under Narduzzi. Loved the short pants. Good Luck to Ejuan.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Wasn't the road at Pitt a bit bumpy for Price though? He definitely flourished under Narduzzi. Loved the short pants. Good Luck to Ejuan.
Yeah he had a few injuries along the way.A least two redshirt years.Believe it or not when he first started out at Pitt he was coached by our old friend Toad Graham.And I'm sure Wanny was still coach when he commited.But I could be wrong.

Every Sunday during the season The Plain Dealer has a separate section devoted to Ohio State football.
The PD has no peer where OSU football is concerned.
And OSU dominated recruiting going back to Woody with a drop with Bruce. Cooper was a helluva recruiter and Tressel too.
Meyer is better than all of them.

Every Sunday during the season The Plain Dealer has a separate section devoted to Ohio State football.
The PD has no peer where OSU football is concerned.
And OSU dominated recruiting going back to Woody with a drop with Bruce. Cooper was a helluva recruiter and Tressel too.
Meyer is better than all of them.
I worked in Cleveland in the 1970s and still go there often, the Plain Dealer had a superb Sports Page including a Sports writer Chuck Heaton that is the Father of the Patricia Heaton the Actress. They had guy there also known as Pete Franklin on their 1100 AM Radio that was much like Myron Cope on 1250 AM and he absolutely hated everything about Pittsburgh. Chuck was different.

Cleveland and Youngstown were much more Pitt friendly but Ohio State still ruled all over the State. Also, worked in Lima, Ohio for a while and the Buckeyes were a religion but Toledo was very much Michigan and Notre Dame spits at various places.

Ohio Football Players also played at many MAC Schools Miami, BGU, Toledo, Ohio, and UCincy, Dayton, Xaiver, were mostly Basketball Schools back then but OSU in Columbus like today often got what they wanted. Great Football State.

Ah, Cap'n. You are bringing me back with the mention of the name Pete Franklin. Combative, funny, informed, interesting. He was all of those things. Also went to war with the ownership of the Cavs (Ted Stepien, I believe) when that franchise was driven into the dirt due to bad trades and management.

He always signed off—at midnight?—with the song "Good Night" by Jimmy Durante.

And, yes, any callers from Pittsburgh got hung up on or roasted. I remember him calling Pittsburgh a communist city for failing to provide the Pirates with better support at the gate.

I worked in Cleveland in the 1970s and still go there often, the Plain Dealer had a superb Sports Page including a Sports writer Chuck Heaton that is the Father of the Patricia Heaton the Actress. They had guy there also known as Pete Franklin on their 1100 AM Radio that was much like Myron Cope on 1250 AM and he absolutely hated everything about Pittsburgh. Chuck was different.

Cleveland and Youngstown were much more Pitt friendly but Ohio State still ruled all over the State. Also, worked in Lima, Ohio for a while and the Buckeyes were a religion but Toledo was very much Michigan and Notre Dame spits at various places.

Ohio Football Players also played at many MAC Schools Miami, BGU, Toledo, Ohio, and UCincy, Dayton, Xaiver, were mostly Basketball Schools back then but OSU in Columbus like today often got what they wanted. Great Football State.

Ah, Cap'n. You are bringing me back with the mention of the name Pete Franklin. Combative, funny, informed, interesting. He was all of those things. Also went to war with the ownership of the Cavs (Ted Stepien, I believe) when that franchise was driven into the dirt due to bad trades and management. He always signed off—at midnight?—with the song "Good Night" by Jimmy Durante. And, yes, any callers from Pittsburgh got hung up on or roasted. I remember him calling Pittsburgh a communist city for failing to provide the Pirates with better support at the gate.
Yep, if you were Pittsburgh Fan "The King" or "Pigskin Pete Predicts" that came from Boston and went everywhere in his career until ending up in Canton and then Cleveland.

Pete just outright attacked you, interrupt and bullied you, but he had a slow decline in the 1970s as the Steelers, Pirates, Phillies, Nittany Lions, Panthers Flyers, 76ers, and Penguins started to dominate in 1970-80s and he left in 1987 for NYC but failed and came back to Cleveland.

I called him once in 1976 and he kept asking me how did I survive the sewer water from Pittsburgh Rivers. I responded in kind not much more than "The Mistake On The Lake" where the Cuyahoga River often caught fire, and he went Nuts but was laughing as well.

I told him he should work with Myron Cope on Steeler-Browns Games and he said who is that Midget does anyone know him? He knew about Myron and Myron would say the same about him, they just ignored each other pretending neither existed.

I once told an NFL TV Executive at a Sports Lawyers Convention in Frisco, that the NFL should hire Local Sports Guys from each City Team that played that week with one Neutral National Announcer and in that way a Cope-Franklin type of Banter would really out do Cosell, Gowdy, Meredith & All Other Broadcasters. After all, the Local Guys know more about the Players & Teams than National Broadcaster.

I swear if that would have happen there would have been fist fight between Franklin and Cope, Just a Hunch!

The NFL Executive Educated me, by informing me you do know what our National Announcers do all week before all games.......they have breakfast, lunch and dinners with Advertiser Sponsors in NYC, LA & Chicago. So, how would that help the NFL going local?

He also informed me the Players actual Game Playing Time from Center Snap To Whistle was only 11-17 Minutes Long......and everything else is Actual Advertising Sponsors and TV Shows, Huddle ups, Play Calling, Bench Coaches Spots, and Crowd Cheerleaders with Stadium viewing.

Anyway, radio is not the same now and Franklin and Cope are both gone. But like you said, they were sure entertaining and made all Listeners mad if they were from another city. I did get in some ribs and rubs against Franklin a few times later when he kept saying Pittsburgh won with Bad Ref Calls....I responded you are right that is why they are called the Pittsburgh "S T E A L E R S" and he loved it and used it few times.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittjagger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT