ADVERTISEMENT

Replicating PSU's game day atmosphere

sappycrease

Redshirt
Oct 12, 2015
i hate the Peds more than the next guy but man can they put on a show. Great tailgating, student section, and overall stadium energy. Obviously they're plying down the "rivalry" but they brought out all the stops for today's game.

Is there a way for PITT to create a true college football atmosphere? New stadium? More students at games? It would completely boost our recruiting to a new level if we could put together a more traditional game day experience.

i hate the Peds more than the next guy but man can they put on a show. Great tailgating, student section, and overall stadium energy. Obviously they're plying down the "rivalry" but they brought out all the stops for today's game.

Is there a way for PITT to create a true college football atmosphere? New stadium? More students at games? It would completely boost our recruiting to a new level if we could put together a more traditional game day experience.

Either you're a nitter or stupid.... We will NEVER replicate a PSU's game day atmosphere....NEVER. You are comparing apples with oranges. That includes recruiting. Our comparison should be against other ACC schools not named FSU or Clemson...

Give this nonsense a rest...

Having just left a yellow lot, I can say the tailgating is great here but that's mostly a real estate factor. Tons of room makes so much difference. That and grass. Beyond that, nothing magical or mystical.
The stadium is big but like military surplus. Not impressed with anything but size. Atmosphere was good but nothing that can't also be attributed to 100k people. If Heinz was full every week, it'd be just as good. If not better. H2P.

Reactions: RHS14

Yes.

1 - move campus 100+ miles from any metropolitan area
2 - ensure there is little else to do near said campus
3 - create Pitt Intergalactic campus and churn out diplomas

Yes.

1 - move campus 100+ miles from any metropolitan area
2 - ensure there is little else to do near said campus
3 - create Pitt Intergalactic campus and churn out diplomas

You forgot "create a cult of personality that warps the brains of the fan base."

Pitt has to stop worrying about what other places have and concentrate on making Pitt's own experience as good and distinctive as it can be for the unique circumstances of a mid-sized, urban university. The grass is greener crap has to be replaced with celebrating what makes Pitt unique.

Reactions: RHS14
Yeah, if we could just stoop so low as to put everything behind football in terms of importance- like being decent human.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT