ADVERTISEMENT

Retired numbers

Jsr862

Redshirt
Nov 8, 2017
With Revis retiring I'm wondering how come 25 had not yet been retried. I felt he did on the defense side of the ball as equal to what Larry did on the Offensive side. With that said, will Pitt one day go to a ring of honor patch type deal like some of the other schools and allow current players to wear the retired numbers. Would fans be in favor of this? And if so would you like to see someone else wearing 13 or 33 or 99 on the field with a patch on the jersey honoring marino etc. Or should we only only allow the retired jerseys of the past so many years, 1, 75 etc . Be worn with a honor patch and let the long time numbers or Dorsett and Green etc stay in the closet? Or are more in favor of if the number is retired. Nobody can wear it again. I like the patch idea. Considering I can see the likes of 25, 97 being retired sometime in the next 15 or so years, don't want to be running out of numbers.

I'd l or to see them go to a ring of honor with the patch and let current players wear those numbers.

Make the recruits earn the jersey.

And eventually we'll run out of numbers too.

25 will be retired when he is available to attend a Thursday night game against Duke or Syracuse

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT