ADVERTISEMENT

Reviewing United Soccer Coaches Rankings

PotterCountyNative

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2005
Pitt was #7, and has beaten #2 Georgetown and #6 WVU, also #4 ND lost to Seattle to start the season.

Just opining, how is Pitt not second or 3rd in the next update. The other teams not mentioned are unanimous #1 Clemson, #3 Washington and #5 Oregon St. Try to convince me that any of those teams have a better early season resume that our Pitt Panthers.

Let's keep this going, and the fubolers can show the footballers the winning way.

Pitt was #7, and has beaten #2 Georgetown and #6 WVU, also #4 ND lost to Seattle to start the season.

Just opining, how is Pitt not second or 3rd in the next update. The other teams not mentioned are unanimous #1 Clemson, #3 Washington and #5 Oregon St. Try to convince me that any of those teams have a better early season resume that our Pitt Panthers.

Let's keep this going, and the fubolers can show the footballers the winning way.
I would be surprised if Pitt wasn't #1.

• Love
Reactions: hoclaw
I think they might get a high ranking, not #1 but once ACC starts things can all change for Clemson, Pitt, and ND.

If the beat Marshall away, they have an argument. But, I think Clemson remains #1 until they lose.

Clemson was a unanimous number one and beat a ranked team in their first game, so there was pretty much no way we were going to jump ahead of them.

I would be surprised if Pitt wasn't #1.
Why would they overtake Clemson, who is clearly the favorite and also has an impressive win already?

maybe you should continue to focus on hating womens sports.

Why would they overtake Clemson, who is clearly the favorite and also has an impressive win already?

This why I say wait for conference play with Clemson ND and Pitt. A lot will be answered with ACC play. Clemson deserves the top spot but if Pitt plays like they have been early on, they are a close second.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Clemson was a unanimous number one and beat a ranked team in their first game, so there was pretty much no way we were going to jump ahead of them.
Looks like rational people like you, me, and anon were right. Not that pollsters always do the right thing

Looks like rational people like you, me, and anon were right. Not that pollsters always do the right thing

The only real surprising thing was that we convinced one of the eight voters (I wonder why there are only eight voters?) to put us number one and Clemson number two.

Based on the points, there was either one person who had us no where near the top two, or several people who had us third or fourth.

They beat a team from a mid-major league, big deal. Friggin Duquesne beat a Big Ten last week. First P5 win in 19 years.

If the NCAAT started tomorrow, Pitt would likely be the #1 overall seed due to the fact they have two great wins.

They beat a team from a mid-major league, big deal. Friggin Duquesne beat a Big Ten last week. First P5 win in 19 years.

If the NCAAT started tomorrow, Pitt would likely be the #1 overall seed due to the fact they have two great wins.

You get that "if the NCAAT started tomorrow" is not the criteria for voting in a poll after the first week of the season, right?

Yeah but you can’t unseat Clemson. You just can’t. You know this and wouldn’t like it if the roles were reversed.

You get that "if the NCAAT started tomorrow" is not the criteria for voting in a poll after the first week of the season, right?
Which is why polls are stupid. I actually love CFP rankings because they rank each team based on resume to that point. So if there was a CFP after Week 2 and Pitt is 2-0, we'd probably be 5 or 6 with 2 P5 wins. Polls use little to no logic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT