ADVERTISEMENT

Revis hall call Saturday night. Marty getting some attention for next year

Ruben Brown not being a HOFer is egregious. He was on first team all decade team and 9 x pro bowler. 4x second team All Pro. Just didn't play on any good teams.

I also think Shady will eventually get in. Especially if his media presence keeps getting bigger and bigger.

And Fitz/Donald are obvious 1st balloters.

I think if those 5 get in Pitt will be second only to ND when it comes to alumni NFL HOFers

Ruben Brown not being a HOFer is egregious. He was on first team all decade team and 9 x pro bowler. 4x second team All Pro. Just didn't play on any good teams.

I also think Shady will eventually get in. Especially if his media presence keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I think if those 5 get in Pitt will be second only to ND when it comes to alumni NFL HOFers
Could be 10 or 20 years before they all get in but Pitt will solidly be in the top 5 for long after that

Art Rooney Jr?

And Lesean will get in because I think the RB criteria will change and total yards or career length will become less important.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
I agree. And Shadywas first team all decade NFL as well. And very few of those don't make it eventually.

Also looked it up Pitt is tied for fourth with Ohio State at 10. Michigan is third with 11 and USC/ND number tied for first with 14 alumni hall of famers. So we should be tied at 11 with Michigan soon with Fitz retired already.

Didn't realize AR2 graduated from Pitt, that's awesome!

I think if those 5 get in Pitt will be second only to ND when it comes to alumni NFL HOFers.. kind of a flawed assumption in that the teams ahead of them on the list need to not have any more of their players inducted to make it so. Rumor has it that Brady guy out of the number 3 college on the list has an outside chance of making it to Canton and I'm sure there are others I am too lazy to look up..

Shame of it is in the next decade or so NFL hall of famers college bragging rights go out the window in the mercenary world of NIL...

I think if those 5 get in Pitt will be second only to ND when it comes to alumni NFL HOFers.. kind of a flawed assumption in that the teams ahead of them on the list need to not have any more of their players inducted to make it so. Rumor has it that Brady guy out of the number 3 college on the list has an outside chance of making it to Canton and I'm sure there are others I am too lazy to look up..

Shame of it is in the next decade or so NFL hall of famers college bragging rights go out the window in the mercenary world of NIL...
I was aware if this and didn't mention it since other than Brady there aren't any locks for the HOF from the schools above and right behind Pitt. And Aaron Donald will push Pitt past Michigan once again in the 2-3 years he goes in Hall of Fame after Brady.

I think it shows the shift in talent away from the traditional schools in the past 20-25 years. The football factories get a lot if kids drafted but the players who actually become HOFers are much more evenly disbursed among all the college programs...which makes Pitt's record the past 20 years even more impressive

I would be nice to see Pitt get all the living ones together. Dorsett Marino Grimm Jackson Ditka Martin Covert Revis.

Hall of fame dinner tonight that should happen. The Panther team @ Revis induction Saturday night would be nice to see as well. Pitt should fund something like that.

Or why not fund paid trip for all the HOFers to be at a game? Promote it; I think the ROI on publicity alone is worth it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT