ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Washington - Still member of baseball team?

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
what happened to him last season?did he get hurt? Did he leave the team? What?

Dunno, but he did seemingly drop off the planet for a couple months didn’t he?

FWIW, he did post a Pitt related video on instagram a couple days ago. Guess that’s a positive sign

Dunno, but he did seemingly drop off the planet for a couple months didn’t he?

FWIW, he did post a Pitt related video on instagram a couple days ago. Guess that’s a positive sign
Thanks for the reply - I can't believe he was just totally benched - it had to be something else

Reactions: TJFAIRLIE
We brining in anyone who can be a starting pitcher?

I don't know who all they signed, but they signed a kid who pitched for Yough who the PG had as their AAAA player of the year. Jarett Bach. 6-0 with an 0.51 era in the regular season, 1-1 with a 0.68 era in the playoffs. For the season, 61-1/3 innings, 112 strikeouts.

Reactions: gary2
I don't know who all they signed, but they signed a kid who pitched for Yough who the PG had as their AAAA player of the year. Jarett Bach. 6-0 with an 0.51 era in the regular season, 1-1 with a 0.68 era in the playoffs. For the season, 61-1/3 innings, 112 strikeouts.
Thanks - I think they might have a JUCO or two

Had a feeling it was an injury when the program released the list of players playing summer ball and Washington wasn’t on the list. He played on the Cape last summer, and it would have been odd for him to take the summer off.

Either way, he has the biggest power bat on the team and was playing well last season until the apparent injury. With him, Popa, the JUCO transfer Anderson, and Hess (who is playing on the Cape), the outfield/DH spots look to be in better shape than we’ve seen us have to date in the ACC.

Reactions: gary2
Had a feeling it was an injury when the program released the list of players playing summer ball and Washington wasn’t on the list. He played on the Cape last summer, and it would have been odd for him to take the summer off.

Either way, he has the biggest power bat on the team and was playing well last season until the apparent injury. With him, Popa, the JUCO transfer Anderson, and Hess (who is playing on the Cape), the outfield/DH spots look to be in better shape than we’ve seen us have to date in the ACC.
I think the infield is adequate. Finding a catcher and most important, starting pitching will decide how next season goes.

PittsburghSportsNow just posted an article on the incoming class w/ small blurbs on each player. link
There were a couple of frosh I had expected to see that were not listed.

I believe there are a number of JCTs we are taking as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT