ADVERTISEMENT

Rose colored glasses are finally shattered

Mark_77

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
West Mifflin, PA
I have been a season ticket holder for 41 years and I will still get my tickets for next year. I have great friends that I enjoy tailgating with and will continue to do so.

Having said that, any hope or expectations for this team and this staff are gone. I now believe that Narduzzi has reached his limit. I know he will be back and I will root and hope we get better. However, I no longer will fool myself into thinking that he can get it done. This team was not prepared and the blame is on coaching. You may want to argue that our talent level is not good enough, but that is ALSO on the coaching staff. Either their recruiting is poor or they can't coach up the players they have. Today was a complete embarrassment.

I am sure that I am just mimicking statements already made, but I don't have the heart or the stomach to read through everything. To me, this is as depressing as the Hackett days. I realize that we are not even close to being as bad as it was then, but back then, we had NO expectations. I actually believed that we were ready for this today.

It's kind of funny that I am so depressed. I am always someone who can walk back to the tailgate after a loss, drink a beer and say, "we'll get better". I don't feel that way now. This is what I would consider a "peak" under Narduzzi. I would call for his firing, but that just means that we have to wait another 4 years for the next coach to get "his" players into place. Maybe it's better to just drink my beer and say "this is as good as it gets".

I am 64 and I would suggest to all of you that are younger to continue to fight and argue that Pitt deserves better. Bitch to the athletic department. Donate to get better. Whatever! But for me, I am just about at "No Mas". The older boxing fans will understand.

Hail to Pitt!!! (and yes, I still mean it)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News