ADVERTISEMENT

Rowan News

Matt Steinbrink

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
I am sure you could guess that I was surprised. It isn't a "final 6," but it is very telling. At this point, the Rowans have not taken Pitt's recruiting pitch seriously. They do not like the look of the roster, and this program has not been in the spotlight.

To not even list Pitt is disrespectful. To leave a school on a list is very minimal. You would think that the Rowans would have left Pitt in there just out of respect.

A good friend of mine knows someone very close to the Rowan family. He was hearing that Pitt had a chance as recently as this week. It is pretty obvious that you can't listen to anything that Ron Rowan says. Ron always bounced around for the best opportunity. Unfortunately, he runs this recruitment. At this point, it has gotten out of control.

There is no question that Pitt's program needs a boost of momentum. I don't think that you can argue that all of the energy and momentum of this program has disappeared. Is the program dead? No. Can they regain national relevance? Of course. Right now, things are definitely scary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News