ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers going to have the #1 recruiting class?

Wayyyy too early and NBADraft.net has the worst prognosticators there is.

The SEC freshmen of the year from Kentucky went 29th overall 3 years ago. Way too much time to be worried about that. Let’s just hope he keeps progressing and the team keeps getting better

Reactions: rockypanther
Wayyyy too early and NBADraft.net has the worst prognosticators there is.

The SEC freshmen of the year from Kentucky went 29th overall 3 years ago. Way too much time to be worried about that. Let’s just hope he keeps progressing and the team keeps getting better

I remember they had Taft very high, Top 10ish. But I do think Carrington is on an NBA roster next year. Question is what his final projection will be and whether he is good with that if its 2nd Round and whether we can match that. I think right now, its like 75/25, he is in the NBA next year.

That’s crazy how before the season Pitt was getting laughed at for their backcourt by many, and now they’re projected to have the top pick of any college player in next year’s draft.

Definitely a cart before the horse situation considering he hasn’t even played ACC level talent yet, but the fact that we’re even having this conversation is wild.

You cant teach height and length. That means a lot in basketball, obviously....especially the NBA. Carrington at 6'5 with handle, shooting, athleticism is the complete package. Now, the knock on him right now from an NBA standpoint is he is too raw. His handle and shot aren't elite. And he's not "freaky" athletic. So somewhat similar to Mintz but a better shooter.

Right now, I would say he leaves and goes early 2nd.
Carrington is shooting 50-40-80 right now. That’s pretty darn good. It’s obviously a small sample size but if he keeps that up I don’t think it will be a knock on him at all.

It's great that we are even able to have these conversations re Carrington, but strongly agree with let's wait and see. He has looked amazing so far, but perhaps we can watch him playing against legit D1 level talent before we make him a high lottery pick.

It's great that we are even able to have these conversations re Carrington, but strongly agree with let's wait and see. He has looked amazing so far, but perhaps we can watch him playing against legit D1 level talent before we make him a high lottery pick.
We’re having fun after years of doom and misery. That’s all this is. Nobody is putting their life savings on the line. Just a little message board fun is all.

Kid’s the best freshman I’ve seen since Vonteego, but has a better shot.

Reactions: nycpanther98
We’re having fun after years of doom and misery. That’s all this is. Nobody is putting their life savings on the line. Just a little message board fun is all.

Kid’s the best freshman I’ve seen since Vonteego, but has a better shot.

I don't remember Vonteego being all that good as a freshman.

2 of the Top 3 players going to Rutgers. That's insane. Someone needs to hire Pikiell away from that place.
Pikiell a great recruiter, not so great a coach. This year, next year, whatever year they will be a bubble team that gets in half the time and never goes anywhere.

How much of a factor is Knight playing in getting these guys?

BballinsiderfromPitt seems to think he had everything to do with the Atlanta kid. BK having that kind of connection in Atlanta is strange to me. Ron Harper's kid, I mean that's basically a Rutgers family now so they got a bit lucky there but still to keep him away from the blue bloods

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT