ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Shazier

Sarge25

Freshman
Aug 18, 2017
man, that did not look good. His legs went limp, he grabbed his back and you could see him squeezing his hands hoping he still had feeling. I’m sick to my stomach right now.

My thoughts and prayers are with him. I hope everything turns out ok.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Yeah, absolutely no leg movement and he was holding his head in anguish on the way to the ambulance. Hoping this is one of those situations where movement comes back later. Definitely one of the scarier moments I've seen watching football. My thoughts are definitely with him tonight.

Yeah. That one looks pretty bad. Just have to hope and pray at this point he regains movement and feeling in his legs. The human neck is not meant to be like a turtles...and that's what shazier' s neck looked like.

Hope that’s a stinger or similar. There have been guys who’ve had temporary paralysis and feeling came back. But his head was straight into the Begals player and that looked awful. I would imagine his spine even compressed some but again hope it’s one of those temporary situations.

Reactions: Jtommyj
I thought stingers affected arms, not legs. I’m praying to God he regains feeling in his legs and isn’t a paraplegic....the kid is 25.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I thought stingers affected arms, not legs. I’m praying to God he regains feeling in his legs and isn’t a paraplegic....the kid is 25.

You could be right but that’s why I qualified by saying something similar. I heard Stone Cold Steve Austin talking about how he got dumped on his head in a match. Said he thought it was over - said he couldn’t move - but everything came back. Hoping that’s the case here.

You could be right but that’s why I qualified by saying something similar. I heard Stone Cold Steve Austin talking about how he got dumped on his head in a match. Said he thought it was over - said he couldn’t move - but everything came back. Hoping that’s the case here.

I remember Austin saying that as well. Boy, I hope you’re right.

Man I’m not feeling good about not having an update about his condition. Typically if there’s good news that’s out pretty quickly. Hopefully maybe they’re still evaluating/treating but the longer this goes the scarier it is.

After looking at it again, he was able to roll his hips to lay flat. I’m using that to realllllly hope there is no paralyzation.

Reactions: galladt
I felt sick watching it as well, and still do. Hopefully it’s just a shock to the spinal cord causing a temporary loss of sensation. I cringed as soon as I saw the hit. Man I wish guys would keep their heads up when tackling.

Reactions: KanePA
I felt sick watching it as well, and still do. Hopefully it’s just a shock to the spinal cord causing a temporary loss of sensation. I cringed as soon as I saw the hit. Man I wish guys would keep their heads up when tackling.

Yea I’m half sick myself. I watched the replay just hoping to see a little wiggle or something.

You aren’t kidding about head up. If there was a video on how not to do it - that’s exhibit 1A.

Agree that they love to give positive news when they get it to ease concerns. The hand squeezing is what scared me most, he felt the shock go through his body. This is one of the weirdest games I have ever watched. I have no interest in score or anything. It just doesn’t feel right.

I guess one good sign could be that he wasn’t put in some kind of neck harness to prevent him from moving.

I don’t want to speculate on his injury, but have a hard time believing they would still do the choreographed celebration after the TD if they didn’t have some kind of word that Shazier was ok.

I don’t want to speculate on his injury, but have a hard time believing they would still do the choreographed celebration after the TD if they didn’t have some kind of word that Shazier was ok.

If Shazier was ok don’t you think the Steelers would release that so they could let people know? I sure do. As I said above I think the longer this goes as an unknown the worse it might be.

If Shazier was ok don’t you think the Steelers would release that so they could let people know? I sure do. As I said above I think the longer this goes as an unknown the worse it might be.

Yeah you’re probably right. Just seemed a little out of place to me.

The field mics picked up Colbert telling Tomlin he couldn’t feel anything from the waist down. Hopefully it’s only temporary

That was one of the more terrifying things I've seen on a football field. Happy to see the steelers win that game for shazier. His football career is probably taking a back seat right now though, just praying he is actually ok.

Jerry Dulac just tweeted a Steelers source told him "It's better than what it could have been." Take it for whatever that means.

Reactions: Jtommyj
Nobody saying anything and it being this private is bad. I feel terrible for him and his family. wow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT