ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Sullivan Commits...

Some info on Ryan please?

Only thing I know is that Ryan (from Shaler) was the PIAA AAA State Champion at 113 this past season ...... I think he was only a junior.

He was state runner-up at 106 as a sophomore.

His leg attacks are phenomenal, love what he brings to the table offensively

He is a good pinner, although his PIN numbers dropped a little as a junior. He went 42-1 while winning states as a junior. Anyone know who the loss was to? I imagine he will replace Bentley as he won at 113 as a junior. Only issue will be if he gets big and strong enough to wrestle successfully as a lightweight in college. From the little I saw of him as a junior he relied mainly on quickness.

Keith seems to have rebuilt the lower weights with Sullivan, Newell, Phillippi, Matthews and the prep wrestler. Need to work on the upper weights now, which should be easier for him because of his rep.

Reactions: Pitt_97
Plus its easier to pin point who is going to be good for at each upper weight slots. There are fewer weights and even less depth in terms of quality upper weights. That's why a smaller guy that hits a growth spirt seems to do so well.
On the flip side, there are 3-4 high school weights that might fill the 125 slot. Compound that with the fact that anyone from the top four placers at each of those four weights might mature into an AA caliber athlete.

It's a good question ....he wrestled 132 in high school but has wrestling all the way down to 126 this summer. His doctor said he is done growing height wise....so we will see. I think
133 to 141 for his career in college. He will redshirt for sure...so at best case he's 2 years out. Pitt offered him 70% so thats a top tier recruit for pitt....his parent want him with gavin and pitt but kids have there own mind.

Reactions: omega
He is a good pinner, although his PIN numbers dropped a little as a junior. He went 42-1 while winning states as a junior. Anyone know who the loss was to? I imagine he will replace Bentley as he won at 113 as a junior. Only issue will be if he gets big and strong enough to wrestle successfully as a lightweight in college. From the little I saw of him as a junior he relied mainly on quickness.

Keith seems to have rebuilt the lower weights with Sullivan, Newell, Phillippi, Matthews and the prep wrestler. Need to work on the upper weights now, which should be easier for him because of his rep.
He finished 3rd place at Powerade. He lost 16-11 to Bouzakis from Florida.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...-shaler-vs-nic-bouzakis-lake-highland-prep-fl

For those who don’t know, Bouzakis was an 8th grader.

Last edited:
I believe that his mother works for Pitt and he can go to Pitt tuition free. Not totally sure on that, but obviosly that would free up money for other targets.

Gavin liked twitter post of a home visit today or yesterday of kid named Cooley by Coaches Leen and Headlee. There is a kid ranked 5th on Flo at 195 with that name. Assume Gavin wasn’t there since not in the picture, not sure if that means anything or not.

Reactions: omega
ADVERTISEMENT