ADVERTISEMENT

Ryland Gandy

He's the perfect example of a solid 3 star who fits your system. They've been successful getting a lot of guys like this on defense. Assume he was the last commit that hasn't been announced.

Unless my math is off, this is commit #6 from Georgia in the last 3 classes. Just like Copeland, the WR that committed yesterday, Gandy has lots of good offers, including Southern Cal, Penn State, and Notre Dame. Lots of other P5s, too.
The Archie Collins effect. It's really impressive that he can walk into the heart of SEC country and pull talent to Pitt. Especially since Pitt hadn't recruited GA in a long time.

Narduzzi's DBs do play with a certain style and it's great if NFL teams are noticing, but better that recruits are noticing.

It’s extraordinary frankly that a few years ago I remember reading we are making Georgia more of an effort and I just got bought “why?” Seemed like a long shot to pull out of there, but we are definitely doing just that and against some great programs like Notre Dame and USC

It’s extraordinary frankly that a few years ago I remember reading we are making Georgia more of an effort and I just got bought “why?” Seemed like a long shot to pull out of there, but we are definitely doing just that and against some great programs like Notre Dame and USC
I thought that I read a couple of years ago that GA put more athletes in D-1 programs than Florida or Texas and second nationally only to CA. As others have mentioned, there are pretty good 3 stars in GA that go to SEC schools out of GA...

Reactions: doubleAA's
Georgia is loaded almost every year. It is fast approaching California and Texas. It is one reason why Georgia, Alabama and Clemson are all so good, because they all mine Georgia.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Georgia is loaded almost every year. It is fast approaching California and Texas. It is one reason why Georgia, Alabama and Clemson are all so good, because they all mine Georgia.

Yeah, Georgia not only produces a lot of recruits but a lot of them are very high level players, too. Trevor Lawrence, Kamara, Nick Chubb, Antonio Gibson, Carl Lawson, Deshaun Watson, Gurley, Tyreek Hill, Vic Beasley. And that's just in the last 4 years or so.

It took us a year or two to get the word out down here. I remember that we struck out in the Peach State in year 1 but it appears that we very quickly built connections at schools around Atlanta and now some of our best recruits are from GA. For example, Jaylon Barden would have been the highest rated WR in the WPIAL since Tyler Boyd. The returns on investment are very, very good compared to fighting Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State for the 5 good players in the WPIAL. Especially on offense.

Yeah, Georgia not only produces a lot of recruits but a lot of them are very high level players, too. Trevor Lawrence, Kamara, Nick Chubb, Antonio Gibson, Carl Lawson, Deshaun Watson, Gurley, Tyreek Hill, Vic Beasley. And that's just in the last 4 years or so.

It took us a year or two to get the word out down here. I remember that we struck out in the Peach State in year 1 but it appears that we very quickly built connections at schools around Atlanta and now some of our best recruits are from GA. For example, Jaylon Barden would have been the highest rated WR in the WPIAL since Tyler Boyd. The returns on investment are very, very good compared to fighting Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State for the 5 good players in the WPIAL. Especially on offense.

Your Jaylen Barden comment is really excellent.

Seems the WPIAL can put out hard nosed D players, but the once/5 year QB, RB or WR prospect that comes out and then having to fight the negative media, ND, OSU, PSU, even Alabama if they are really good, is just not a good way to build a consistent winner

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I thought that I read a couple of years ago that GA put more athletes in D-1 programs than Florida or Texas and second nationally only to CA. As others have mentioned, there are pretty good 3 stars in GA that go to SEC schools out of GA...

And being able to actually have success there is a feat worth praising

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT