ADVERTISEMENT

Santoro Speaks

He confirmed that he went there for a day, but no contract was offered. So what happened when he was there?

Dispels a lot of the nonsense from posters on this board and twitter.

What would you expect? I think we all agree that Santoro is a classy guy. He's not going to take shots at Pitt. What rumor did he dispel? Only that there was no contract. That doesn't mean that there weren't any promises made or that the Roselli story isn't true.

What would you expect? I think we all agree that Santoro is a classy guy. He's not going to take shots at Pitt. What rumor did he dispel? Only that there was no contract. That doesn't mean that there weren't any promises made or that the Roselli story isn't true.
He said on multiple occasions that Pitt did nothing wrong, complimented them, and said Pitt does not deserve the bad publicity it is getting. His words mean something. Blowhards on here and on Twitter do not mean anything.

He said on multiple occasions that Pitt did nothing wrong, complimented them, and said Pitt does not deserve the bad publicity it is getting. His words mean something. Blowhards on here and on Twitter do not mean anything.
Of course he said that he's in the U wrestling community and doesn't want to burn any bridges! Use your brains if you were provided one at birth?
Whats he supposed to say PITT f'd me over, the AD's a flamer ( which is probably true), and PITT just su-ks. That doesn't look good in your employment history!
bullshit+detector+1.gif

Last edited:
You know no more or for that matter less than Pirahna, and his explanation makes just as much sense as yours.
The difference is, his comes across as an opinion while yours reads as a fact. Read your own
Buckley quote.....it ironically describes your own post.

Reactions: Piranha
You know no more or for that matter less than Pirahna, and his explanation makes just as much sense as yours.
The difference is, his comes across as an opinion while yours reads as a fact. Read your own
Buckley quote.....it ironically describes your own post.
I side with Piranha, but I appreciate your sane assessment.

Reactions: Piranha
Of course he said that he's in the U wrestling community and doesn't want to burn any bridges! Use your brains if you were provided one at birth?
Whats he supposed to say PITT f'd me over, the AD's a flamer ( which is probably true), and PITT just su-ks. That doesn't look good in your employment history!
bullshit+detector+1.gif
He could have declined the interview, said he was not going to talk about Pitt prior to doing the interview, or simply said he was happy at Lehigh.

Reactions: BApanther
Dispels a lot of the nonsense from posters on this board and twitter.
That is untrue
Bottom line is that this deal was in waiting from interim AD
Pat was the one , unfortunately, who insisted to wait till end of season
The video also fails to talk about the fact that he was cancelled the day after she was announced .
Pat did not want to go there in what happened that week or the fact an offer was never given that had been approved
Like all the active sitting head coaches they needed an offer or know what is going on prior to them coming
Dressler who left for Iowa state from VT had that deal done privately on a phone before anyone got wind of it
He did not need to go through dog and pony show

Reactions: bwh05
That is untrue
Bottom line is that this deal was in waiting from interim AD
Pat was the one , unfortunately, who insisted to wait till end of season
The video also fails to talk about the fact that he was cancelled the day after she was announced .
Pat did not want to go there in what happened that week or the fact an offer was never given that had been approved
Like all the active sitting head coaches they needed an offer or know what is going on prior to them coming
Dressler who left for Iowa state from VT had that deal done privately on a phone before anyone got wind of it
He did not need to go through dog and pony show

This pretty much confirms what "bwh05" told us all along ......

Pat would have been a home run hire IMO ..... and taking the high road shows he is a class act ! ......

But why did Flynn and Bono turn us down ? ..... They apparently got offers but turned us down to stay at Edinboro and SDSU respectively ..... what turned them off regarding Pitt ?

Pat would have been a home run hire IMO ..... and taking the high road shows he is a class act ! ......

But why did Flynn and Bono turn us down ? ..... They apparently got offers but turned us down to stay at Edinboro and SDSU respectively ..... what turned them off regarding Pitt ?
Both those guys have strong relationships with their current AD's and with that, high levels of commitment and comfortability to thier respective positions. The programs are not in a rebuild situation and neither has ties to Pitt. Flynn has been with Edinboro forever, and Bono has a great thing going at SDSU, good team coming back. My guess, is they just felt more comfortable staying put after their respective interviews. They were never the top choice...it was Santoro and I'm sure they knew that to.

What I do know out of the three Santoro was the one who definitely wanted to come
The other two were on the fence
The biggest thing was the process
I do not believe Flynn wanted to live in the burgh with him family
He aimed over the money approved and not sure where it went from there
Bono was in negotiations prior to coming to Pitt
I thought that was long shot anyway
These top guys needed more of a full court press , these are top dogs in there programs and Pitt did not make them feel like they were the man, to put it into simple form
So why come when they all had good things going
We did not sell them
Shit I do not think one of these guys were even taken through the fieldhouse or given a visual tour

Both those guys have strong relationships with their current AD's and with that, high levels of commitment and comfortability to thier respective positions. The programs are not in a rebuild situation and neither has ties to Pitt. Flynn has been with Edinboro forever, and Bono has a great thing going at SDSU, good team coming back. My guess, is they just felt more comfortable staying put after their respective interviews. They were never the top choice...it was Santoro and I'm sure they knew that to.
What I do know out of the three Santoro was the one who definitely wanted to come
The other two were on the fence
The biggest thing was the process
I do not believe Flynn wanted to live in the burgh with him family
He aimed over the money approved and not sure where it went from there
Bono was in negotiations prior to coming to Pitt
I thought that was long shot anyway
These top guys needed more of a full court press , these are top dogs in there programs and Pitt did not make them feel like they were the man, to put it into simple form
So why come when they all had good things going
We did not sell them
Shit I do not think one of these guys were even taken through the fieldhouse or given a visual tour

Thanks for the replies ......

I think the big miss was on Pat Santoro ...... top end coach who wanted to come and had the backing of the donors ..... would have rejuvenated the program instantly to a level it has not seen for a long time.

However, I am impressed with Keith Gavin so far as it seems that he has a good long term plan ..... hopefully he will be able to implement it and do a great job !

Thanks for the replies ......

I think the big miss was on Pat Santoro ...... top end coach who wanted to come and had the backing of the donors ..... would have rejuvenated the program instantly to a level it has not seen for a long time.

However, I am impressed with Keith Gavin so far as it seems that he has a good long term plan ..... hopefully he will be able to implement it and do a great job !
I agree he will do a great job and is getting together a great staff
The funny thing is he was coming with Santoro anyway
Lol

I agree he will do a great job and is getting together a great staff
The funny thing is he was coming with Santoro anyway
Lol

That's interesting because I told a friend during the hiring process that it would be great to get Pat Santoro as the head coach and Keith Gavin as his top assistant ...... sounds like it could have been a real possibility ..... by the way, thanks for all the information, much appreciated !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT