ADVERTISEMENT

Saudi Arabia

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Bought WWE

I love this. I hope they keep on buying all the sports/sports entertainment companies. Golf, wrestling, hopefully soccer. Maybe they'll buy the NBA next.

Speaking of Saudi Arabia, they strangely paid enough money for PSG to come to Riyadh to play a combine team of Al Nasr and Al Hilal for Ronaldo's debut. They aint messing around.

Bought WWE

I love this. I hope they keep on buying all the sports/sports entertainment companies. Golf, wrestling, hopefully soccer. Maybe they'll buy the NBA next.

Speaking of Saudi Arabia, they strangely paid enough money for PSG to come to Riyadh to play a combine team of Al Nasr and Al Hilal for Ronaldo's debut. They aint messing around.
Could be the opening for the Iron Sheik to be named commissioner?

Bought WWE

The deal has been in the works for decades allegedly

FmMnescXgAM8Iox

Gotta wonder what this means for the womens division and for guys like Sami Zayn.

I gotta admit, I haven’t watched in several years. A friend of mine started watching it again and has told me this Sami Zayn storyline is pretty good. So he sent me some clips and yeah, it’s funny and entertaining. And for those who don’t know, Zayn is Jewish and one of the top attractions right now. Don’t know how a Saudi company would manage a talent like him.

Gotta wonder what this means for the womens division and for guys like Sami Zayn.

I gotta admit, I haven’t watched in several years. A friend of mine started watching it again and has told me this Sami Zayn storyline is pretty good. So he sent me some clips and yeah, it’s funny and entertaining. And for those who don’t know, Zayn is Jewish and one of the top attractions right now. Don’t know how a Saudi company would manage a talent like him.
Sami Zayn is a Syrian descended Muslim from Quebec. Which in Saudi Arabia might actually be worse than Jewish.

The last time I watched wrestling was right at the beginning of the WWE vs WCW Monday Night Wars when WCW kept signing all the WWF guys. Since then, wrestling seems to have become more like a scripted soap opera. Is is still highly sexualized? I wonder what the Royal Family will do about the women's divisions and their outfits.

[/QUOTE]

The last time I watched wrestling was right at the beginning of the WWE vs WCW Monday Night Wars when WCW kept signing all the WWF guys. Since then, wrestling seems to have become more like a scripted soap opera. Is is still highly sexualized? I wonder what the Royal Family will do about the women's divisions and their outfits.
[/QUOTE]
It’s not really sexualized as I see it. But the product is pretty much unwatchable and uninteresting. So I don’t see much at all.

Getting back to Saudi Arabia, the Spanish Super Cup is being played there right now. They have a contract to host it through 2029. The La Liga officials who made the deal dismissed all complaints about Saudi Arabia’s human rights policies with a ‘we prefer to focus on the positive strides they are making’ statement, which, of course, is b.s. Then, the league officials sat down with the man who ordered the beheading of an American journalist. The crowds were nowhere near the size they would have been in Spain, but the money the Saudis paid obviously made it a profitable venue.

Even though it’s Winter there, it was really hot. Both semis went to extra time and then PKs. The players were exhausted.

As for the matches, Real Madrid and Barcelona both won on PKs. Ancelloti played it very smart. He rested his oldest starters. Modric and Kroos, until extra time, then substituted them in during extra time so they would be available for PKs. He had his best PK takers available for the PKs.

As a coach, Xavi was a train wreck. He took out Dembele and Frenkie De Jong shortly after halftime. They had been Barca’s two best players until then. Dembele was a consistent threat down the left (although he prefers playing on the right) and setup a goal disallowed by a very weak offside call. By contrast, Rafinha offered nothing down the right and should have been subbed out. With De Jong as the Central Midfielder, Barca was overwhelming Real Betis in midfield. They had 81% possession for the first 25 minutes and were a constant threat the entire first half.

So, Xavi replaced them with Ferran Torres and Busquets, and the tide of the game changed 180 degrees. Betis suddenly had free reign through the middle and started getting frequent dangerous attacks.

I have never seen even 10% of the hostile comments Xavi got on Twitter yesterday questioning whether he should remain as coach. When they got to extra time, he had a strange group of penalty kick players, but Betis had 38 (at least) year old Claudio Bravo in goal and he didn’t come close to saving anything.

Earlier, Barca had taken the lead in extra time in a wonder goal by Ansu Fati, a tremendous volley. Xavi then substituted Marcos Alonso on as a defensive replacement, to the horror of Barca fans, and sure enough an Alonso mistake helped Bettis tie the match. Playing a relatively small number of minutes, Alonso has been on the pitch for almost every goal given up by Barca this season.

Xavi was a deity in Barcelona because of his career. No longer.

The finals, a miniature El Clasico, will be on ABC this weekend.

to heck with climate change - stuff like this is why we need to get off oil as soon as possible.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
to heck with climate change - stuff like this is why we need to get off oil as soon as possible.

I basically agree. I dont like these Arab royal familes buying into sports now. But I also want to see it just so it pisses people off. We basically have 2 Game of Thrones medieval kings deciding they want to buy sports.

Reactions: pitt90seven
I basically agree. I dont like these Arab royal familes buying into sports now. But I also want to see it just so it pisses people off. We basically have 2 Game of Thrones medieval kings deciding they want to buy sports.
Eh. A recent volcano eruption put more carbon into the air than man has in 2000 years. Climate change is a cult.

Reactions: LVNVPanther
Well we weren’t 3 years ago…

How do you always fall for this stuff? Do you also believe there wouldn't have been worldwide inflation had Trump won?

How do you always fall for this stuff? Do you also believe there wouldn't have been worldwide inflation had Trump won?

Buddy, nobody is falling for anything. Well, you fell for a lot and that’s been proven. But I digress. We exported more than we imported, and have the ability to be 100% self sufficient if we wanted to be. But politics will never allow that to happen.

There are rumors that Saudi club Al-Hilal will offer $300 million/year for Messi. The amount of money that that Royal family is willing to throw into sports is incredible. FWIW, all the Saudi clubs have individual owners but these types of moves are subsidized by Kings Landing.

There are rumors that Saudi club Al-Hilal will offer $300 million/year for Messi. The amount of money that that Royal family is willing to throw into sports is incredible. FWIW, all the Saudi clubs have individual owners but these types of moves are subsidized by Kings Landing.

you don't say. this is news to all of us soccer fans. what other amazing information have you discovered? @Fk_Pitt

I find it quite hilarious that people get all disheveled when talking about Saudi Arabia and their human rights records. Not the same country but there were a ton of English fans who were criticizing David Beckham for being a voice for Qatar during the World Cup. All I kept thinking was do you English understand the history of your country and the oppression and death of so many throughout the world due to English imperialism? I also then saw someone who posted about British imperialism and a ton of English folks said they never learned about that in school.

So why do the English get a pass and Middle Eastern countries don’t? I can’t qWhite figure it out?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT