ADVERTISEMENT

SBNation perspective on what we witnessed Sat: unprecedented

I was just about to post the link. The premise of the article is that what Pitt did to VT is the unprecedented among two Power 5 schools, especially ones that were thought to be evenly matched entering the game.

Every Pitt fan needs to read this article and revel in what we saw Saturday.

Here are my favorite excerpts:

“You can watch college football for years and not see one Power 5 team to do another what Pitt did to Virginia Tech”

“Pitt’s drive chart is one of the most impressive I have ever looked at. Wildly, even that table full of touchdowns doesn’t quite describe the game.”

“Pitt’s 13.9 yards per play weren’t just the most in recent times. They were almost a half-yard better than anyone’s done since Reggie Bush’s Heisman year.”

I was just about to post the link. The premise of the article is that what Pitt did to VT is the unprecedented among two Power 5 schools, especially ones that were thought to be evenly matched entering the game.

Every Pitt fan needs to read this article and revel in what we saw Saturday.

Here are my favorite excerpts:

“You can watch college football for years and not see one Power 5 team to do another what Pitt did to Virginia Tech”

“Pitt’s drive chart is one of the most impressive I have ever looked at. Wildly, even that table full of touchdowns doesn’t quite describe the game.”

“Pitt’s 13.9 yards per play weren’t just the most in recent times. They were almost a half-yard better than anyone’s done since Reggie Bush’s Heisman year.”

Those are good, but IMO, this is the best:

"Check. Thanks to lead blocker George Aston, Pitt’s offense is fullback erotica."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT