ADVERTISEMENT

Schifino drops in rankings

Cap pitt

Junior
Jul 20, 2014
rivals dropped schifino from 17 to 36 in his class and from a 5 star to a 4 star according to psn

If he committed to Kentucky he'd be now #1 in the nation and a 6 star.

it is really hard to continue to over look the consistent downgrading of nearly every high level recruit we get in football and basketball. When was the last time we actually had a player go up after committing?? I can only think of one Steven Adams.. These sites are as corrupt as the teams they cater to..

Yeah Kentucky is the example to use here... they’ve only had 97 draft picks last 10 years lol.

your point remains it’s ridiculous they re ranked on no new info though.
You don't have to hate on my post. It was just to make a point that it seems like some schools get hosed like Pitt when it comes to rankings. Sorry you didn't like my Kentucky comparison smh.

You don't have to hate on my post. It was just to make a point that it seems like some schools get hosed like Pitt when it comes to rankings. Sorry you didn't like my Kentucky comparison smh.

I don't think he was hating on your post. Maybe I read it wrong. The man is a cynic and he was adding fuel your post is how I read it.

On a second and third read he is being a little snarky with the Kentucky jab. At first glance I was thinking he was going along , but that's wrong. Kentucky was a great exaggerated example IMO.

Reactions: PittPoker
On a second and third read he is being a little snarky with the Kentucky jab. At first glance I was thinking he was going along , but that's wrong. Kentucky was a great exaggerated example IMO.
I would’ve went with an NC State, USC, Texas type school that gets kids and always sucks but has a big fan base. But to each his own!

Who is even in charge of the rivals rankings? Corey Evans is a Capel fan he wouldn’t have made the drop for no reason.

To the extent the ratings may be negatively skewed (assuming they are at times) by the school-specific bias of those who do star ratings, the skew in a player's rating has no bearing in reality on the player's actual talent and ability. So worrying about Schifino's drop due to a perceived bias is a waste of time.

SMF, you've lost all credibility. Why are you still posting? Delete.

My credibility has never been higher.

I got the no fall football thing right which the NCAA President all but confirmed and I understood that 2 guys who played in the NBA were better than 2 guys from Pitt's worst ever pre-Stallings team.

How can any rankings change right now?? There’s not even any basketball being played at any level smh. I’ll take it though — maybe it’ll scare blue bloods away. Love this kid though — Pitt won’t skip a beat when X leaves (not to take away anything from X, who is an exceptional talent)

Reactions: PittPoker
In the business of recruiting news, its best to have uncommitted players ranked higher to drive interest. "Interest level" in Schifino from paying customers is pretty close to 0 because he has committed

This is largely correct. The recruiting gurus make their livings on hype/buzz surrounding guys, especially if they’re connected to schools with a rabid fanbase. Evans is about as Pitt-friendly as you’ll find in the National recruiting community, so I wouldn’t put anything on him. Committed guys don’t drive page views or hype, so they tend to get back burner treatment especially when they commit years out.

Fact is, the rankings are fluff especially for a Sophomore. For our purposes, a drop in the rankings is a blessing. That 5 star label is a magnet for all sorts, both good and bad. In addition to blue blood schools and agents/runners/shoe reps, now you have the G League upping the ante with guys who have early pro ambition. He’s got pro traits, so it may not matter anyway but that 5 star label is a blessing and a curse and a lot of coaches would probably say it’s much more of a curse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT