ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage #2

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
We're gathering notes and nuggets from yesterday's scrimmage, and here are a few things we've picked up:

- It sounds like the offense was better this week than it was two weeks ago. I don't know if the offense won the scrimmage, but it sounds like things were a bit more even than in the first scrimmage.

- Similarly, it doesn't totally sound like one quarterback stood out over the other. Both Eli Holstein and Nate Yarnell took first-team reps and did fine. I don't get the impression that either one played poorly; it sounds like they both operated the offense well enough.

- Overall, the offense seems to be heading in the right direction. Last week was an important one for that side of the ball after they struggled in the first scrimmage, but it sounds like things were cleaned up and the unit is moving the ball better. That's a positive heading into the final week of camp.

- Otherwise, it doesn't sound like there were too many surprises in terms of personnel or usage. I think we have a fairly solid idea of what the two-deep looks like right now and most positions seem to be more or less set.

- The team will practice three days this week - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - and then it will be time for game week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.